• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prince Humperdink
    Private 1st Class
    • Sep 2015

My favorite M1.

This Win-13 is my favorite M1...just thought I'd share.

• TJT
    Master Sergeant
    • Nov 2015

Nice rifle Ryan.

​Jon

Comment

• Prince Humperdink
      Private 1st Class
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by TJT View Post
      Nice rifle Ryan.

​Jon
      Thanks Jon!

Comment

• Jersey Devil
        Benevolent Dictator
        • Jun 2015

Love it!!!!
        It has that look that I like so much!!!
        Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

• Prince Humperdink
          Private 1st Class
          • Sep 2015

Me too Buddy

Comment

• Prince Humperdink
            Private 1st Class
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Jersey Devil View Post
            Love it!!!!
            It has that look that I like so much!!!
            Yeah Brian,I think that is something that really draws me to them,The minty are nice and all,they just don't "do it for me"

Comment

• Garanditis
              Garanditis commented
              Editing a comment
              Couldn't agree more.
          • jak
            Master Sergeant
            • Nov 2015

Ryan, How many deer did you get with that Win-13 ?
            Looking for 16" SA bayonet Mfg 1918, S/N 1045220

Comment

• Prince Humperdink
              Private 1st Class
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by jak View Post
              Ryan, How many deer did you get with that Win-13 ?
              I took a buck with it.

Comment

• m14brian
                Major
                • Jun 2015

Nice rifle, buddy!
                m14brian

Comment

Staff Sergeant
                  • Aug 2015

I have a RRAD win-13. I went to the North store 2012. July. Rack of B/Rs all win-13s. Must have been 20. Did the asshole buy any? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Too busy buying 6 service grades. Spent 3K+. Was with my wife and Not a Squak! abaout it. Knew I was waiting for years to go there.

Comment

Staff Sergeant
                    • Aug 2015

Yours def. is more orig. & has the been there look. http://imgur.com/a/kaJ9R

Comment

• bruce
                      Private
                      • Jan 2016

My favorite M-1? It is a SA 5.9 with a 2/56 barrel date. It came to me as a SG rifle, 2.5 throat and 1.5 muzzle. The only thing not correct was the buttstock which was a scarred birch replacement. The seller later sent me a nice clean RRAD marked rebuild stock b/c he was not happy with the condition of the birch buttstock. I got the rifle for my identical twin brother who I knew wanted a "birthday"rifle. My plan was to find and buy a appropriate DAS marked walnut buttstock and give it to him. Unfortunately things didn't work out according to plan. My brother called me one Friday afternoon to tell me he'd just left a doctor's office where he had been given a diagnosis of terminal cancer. Four weeks and four days later, I conducted his funeral service. I wanted to give the rifle to his son, but my brother's wife refused to permit it. She disposed of most of my brother's gun stuff in the trash. I salvaged what could be saved and sold it giving her the money. As I write this reply, that SA 5.9 is leaning against the end of the couch in the den of the parsonage. There is not hardly a day goes by that I do not have that rifle in my hands. I carry it when running in place during bad weather. On good days, I've been known to take that rifle and go jogging. I shimmed the stock w/ wood veneer from Hobby Lobby which took care of the loose fitting buttstock. At the range it will keep a 10 round string under 3 inches for just about as long as you care to pull the trigger. It has never been anything but 100% perfect in function regardless of the ammunition used. It is not a perfect, unissued rifle. It is a SG rifle. One day I'll find a proper buttstock that isn't loose. Every time I pick it up, memories of my brother come to mind. I remember a birthday when we were given little Daisy B.B. guns and WWII surplus musset bags. I remember days we spent at the range after he became a deputy sheriff. And I remember the last day when I was getting him up and asked him what he wanted to do. He replied, "I want to get dressed and go to the range." Less than 30 seconds later, he fell backward on the bed unconscious. So, my favorite rifle? It's that SA 5.9 M-1. Sincerely. bruce.

Comment

• Prince Humperdink
                        Private 1st Class
                        • Sep 2015

Bruce,
                        Thanks for sharing your story,and I'm sorry for your loss.
                        Ryan

Comment

Staff Sergeant
                          • Aug 2015

Bruce, Thank You & very sorry!, Dave

Comment

• Bodyman
                            Advanced Collector
                            • Oct 2015

1563621;

Sorry for your loss but thanks for sharing that. Awesome story.

Lost my gun show and fishing buddy, Andy - in a week and a half it will be 14 years ago. We would go to gun shows and fishing every chance we got in boats that barely kept the water out - didn't matter a bit. He used to love the Jap rifles and I drove across three states to take him to the last show we went to together. He would get to the end of the aisle and sit on the garbage cans to rest, but he wouldn't leave he was having such a good time. He bought two that day and we talked well into the evening when we got home, digging out the old ones he had and going over them again. I've got a pic of him right here at my desk that I look at every day, sitting in a boat at our fishing hole on the Mississippi. He has never been far away and I still talk to him when I am by myself. I didn't go fishing for 7 or 8 years after he passed but finally started up again when I got my little brother back in town (who was also his buddy). We still go fishing in the same spots and speak of him often and laugh - I think he would have really liked my boat, even though his would have been better.

I do still have my little brother's Red Ryder, and he's not even gone yet. It's alright though, he lives 5 doors away and he has a bunch of my stuff too.

Thanks again for sharing that story. All the treasure in the world cannot compare to the people in our lives that we cherish and hold dear - they are what truly enriches us and are with us at every moment, and are the wealth we get to take with us when we pass on.

Might be time for my brother and I to start planning that next fishing trip with Andy. I know he is already there, ...

Comment

Working...
                            X