Unopened box from WW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unopened box from WW2

Hello all. This is my first post here but I found something that might be amusing to Garand guys. I'm a 1911 guy but I have a bit more than a casual familiarity with Garands. My father and I were friends with the owner of an army surplus/gun store back in the 70s. The store went under and my father volunteered to store some of the army surplus stuff to help out the owner. Decades go by and I have to clean out my fathers garage. The garage is packed to the ceiling with unopened crates. Most of the crates were like this one. I threw a couple pickup truck loads of this stuff into the dump. I saved a few. More decades go by. Now my wife wants me to clean out my garage so she doesn't have to do it if I die. I still have some of those unopened crates buried under car and motorcycle stuff, like in a hoarders TV show, minus junk from Walmart Amazon or China. Yesterday I open this crate.

Too bad you didn't do some research of the contents of the unopened crates. There could have been some valuable parts, supplies, collectors items or maybe not. The grenade launcher sights in your pictures are one of the items that are not valuable. They are common. Some guys even collect the crates you have thrown away.
    Last edited by jak; 03-26-2022, 12:16 PM.
    Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

It's really neat to see things like this surface. Thanks for sharing. Please post more pix of the surplus you have laying about your garage!
      Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Working...
      X