revision 9 follower & slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

revision 9 follower & slide

You would think by this point in time, that more revision 9 marked followers would have surfaced ? To date the only known rifles reported as original that had the revision 9 followers are serial number SA 533252 (reported in 2010) and later 542256. Since that time a few loose number 9 followers have been found and years have passed without any additional discoveries. I found a #9 among some parts that a dealer friend was selling in 2009. Billy Pyle once told me there could be a number 10 that had a very short life in service too Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010033_0033.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	34816 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010038_0038.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	34817

How common is the follower with the 8 in the middle.
    Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Lots of 8 middle marked. I’m not sure I would call them uncommon. For a while they seemed hard to find but once I started looking they appear routinely on the CMP forum and eBay. I don’t really collect parts just for parts sake, but I guess I should have bought the 9 I saw on eBay about 3-4 years ago. It went about a month before someone eventually bought it. Probably hits the very uncommon area as I’ve only seen 3 but then again I’m not looking very hard. Right in there with -2sa hammer.

Comment

Also very difficult (for me) to find a number 3 follower, I had an unmarked number 3 that Charlie Redfield had given me, but it took along time to find the number 3. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3721.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	34837

Comment

Working...
        X