Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win 13

HI,

I have some questions regarding the Win 13. Were they put together with all Winchester parts or was some parts like the trigger guard & bolt marked with a number & SA Springfield Armory? I am looking at one & some of the parts are marked SA. I took some pictures of it but unfortunately the pic of the stock markings were too blurry. If I remember correctly it had the P on the pistol grip & on the side of the stock I think it was 3 letters which 2 were WR & I think the 3rd one was an A. From what I read they were the last run by Winchester made in 1945 so were they used in the Korean War & got rebuilt afterwards or were they put together by Winchester using the the Springfield Armory parts? I did not see no import marks on it. Here are some of the pics. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

shadwell

more pics

Comment

still more pics

Comment

last pics

Comment

When your rifle was built it would have been made with all WRA parts or parts subcontracted by them. There would not have been any major SA parts used. Your rifle has been thru a rebuild at some time as it has many parts that are post WWII. It looks like a nice rifle and depending on the barrel should make a fun shooter. Regards

Comment

Could anyone tell me what parts on the M1 are post war? I was under the impression that Winchester & Springfield Armory didn't make any M1's after WW2. Being that the Win 13 was put together towards the end of WW2 when would the arsenal rebuilt take place? After the Korean War? I hate to bother everyone with these questions but if you could recommend a good book about the history of the Win 13 I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
            shadwell

Comment

Better and clearer pictures of the cartouches/ stamping are needed. Pull back the op rod and take pictures of the stamping on the side of the barrel.
              Springfield and Winchester built rifles during WWII. Springfield, International Harvester, and Harrington & Richardson built rifles after WWII.
              The only parts I see that are post WWII are the op rod which is stamped as a national match and the rear sights.
              The rifle could have been rebuilt once or many times. Previous owners could have removed and replace parts too. There is no way to tell.
              Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Winchester only made M1's up to the end of WWII. SA made them up until 1956 or 7 when the M14 was adopted.
                Get Bruce Canfield's book, "The M1 Garand Rifle". It's spendy, but worth it. It'll answer all of your questions and some you haven't even thought of yet.
                Jon
                Last edited by TJT; 03-11-2022, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X