Unmodified Op Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmodified Op Rods

Does anyone feel like lately that unmodified Op Rods are a bit more common, or is it just me?

Danny

Not that they are more common just prices on all garand parts are cheaper than ever

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
      Not that they are more common just prices on all garand parts are cheaper than ever
      That will turn around

Comment

I dont know, ever since there are no receivers to be found parts prices have gone down. Has been going that direction for years, garand parts are dirt cheap

Comment

On the Op Rods, I was wondering if the location of current Garand returns had anything to do with this, you know, Philippines, Turkey, etc. Maybe, since they were out of US Ordnance care, they might have experienced a higher rate of not receiving these updates as they might have had if they had remained in the USA.

Danny
          Last edited by danny; 03-07-2022, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I dont know, ever since there are no receivers to be found parts prices have gone down. Has been going that direction for years, garand parts are dirt cheap
            What has caused receiversvto be less available than before? Is it just due to CMP receiver sales no longer happening, or other factors?

Danny

Comment

Less receivers were made than parts. So, parts are more plentiful. CMP used to sell receivers alone. Now they make more complete rifles, and use their parts supply to finish them.

Comment

Wasnt that many years ago CMP was selling them for $125

Comment

Those were the days!!!

Comment

Could have been, but honestly, out of all those receivers and barreled receivers at the time (if we are talking about the same ones), there was not a one that I would have wanted. Yes, there were barreled receivers too. The lot I refer to were all kind of uniformly light to medium grey, had tags with bar codes and maybe some green color on the tag which was zip tied to the receiver, and unfortunately, they had blasted the snot out of all of them.

Danny

Comment

Not the same but I remember those. Theye were arsenal refinished barreled receivers, cant remember the price. I have been selling garand parts for many years and the market is lower than ever today. Glad Im down to the end of my parts as I cant take giving them away

Comment

I picked up an original finish Uncut WRA Slant cut for 275. There were a lot of Uncut WRAs up for sale all roundabout the same time mid February!

Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X