Op Rod Catch Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Op Rod Catch Help!

Hi guys. I recently bought a 1943 SA which has been through an arsenal rebuild.

It had a 45 barrel, what looks like a Winchester Top Hat Follower, post war bullet Guide, Wide Base SA Cylinder (WW2 dimple), Type 3 Lockbar set and full ww2 rear Sight, 19 SA Trigger Housing and Stanley trigger Guard with milled hook.

It also has an early operating Rod Catch which looks like that with the '0' marked accelerator in terms of finish, however the accelerator is not marked.

I thought maybe Winchester but can find no 'A' or 'CM' and I know they made some unmarked but the finish looks to be lacking much milling or machining marks.

What do you guys think? Was there ever any SA early Operating Rod catch produced which did not have the '0' accelerator?

Many thanks,

Scott

Photos. It's the one in the middle.

One on left is WRA and one on right is Gas Trap '0'.

Comment

More.

Comment

Last pics.

Comment

Yes, it looks like a standard early SA op rod catch to me. Like you said, not all WRA examples will be marked, and the same is true and perhaps even more so when it comes to SA.
          Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Devil View Post
            Yes, it looks like a standard early SA op rod catch to me. Like you said, not all WRA examples will be marked, and the same is true and perhaps even more so when it comes to SA.
            Ah thank you! I was not aware that SA ever made any unmarked Operating Rod Catches, but then again I never ever asked haha!

Many thanks JD!

Scott

Comment

For the other OP Rod Catch, the Type 2, is there a way to identify between an SA vs H&R?

Comment

This is the one I have. Type 2 No markings. Not IHC, SA, Win, H&R?

Comment

Additional pictures
                  Side view.
                  No marking on the Accelerator

Comment

Not WRA, IHC will have letters codes so either SA or HRA. My "guess" is SA

Comment

Orlando,
                      Is it the straight milling marks on the sides of the catch that possibly gives a clue that this is an SA Type2?

Comment

Its not a IHC, WRA or has to be either SA or HRA.
                        HRA is smooth finish so only thing left is SA

Comment

Working...
                        X