My Builds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Builds...

Hello guys (and gals...who knows?). Just wanted to give a little collection update as I have been working on a couple of builds. As previously mentioned i live in Scotland, so it can be very hard to locate M1 Garands over here. Due to this the way I do my builds is that I gather the correct parts for a project first, minus the receiver and barrel (which are Welded together. 9/10 this includes a post war barrel so the barrel isn't really an issue or a worry. I have been working on collecting parts for an early Winchester Educational M1 Rifle in the 100K range and same for WIN 13 1.6 million range. Obviously the Educational will most likely be a pipe dream but you would be surprised at what I have been able to get in my collection so far in UK.

For the early build I have managed to accumulate: Rear Sight Aperture without tracks, Checkered Windage Knob, Grooved Rear Handguard Clip and Grooved Lower Band, Operating Rod Catch and Operating Rod (relief cut), Bolt (demilled).

I also have a couple of spare generic pieces which could go on either build such as Trigger Guard, Hammer Plunger, Front Sight, Buttplate Screws, Clip Latch Pin.

Win 13 parts: Rear Sight Base, Aperture, Clip Latch, Bullet Guide, Follower Arm, Operating Rod Catch, Operating Rod (relief cut), Operating Rod Fork, a 13 Follower (but this Maybe SA, will have to wait till it arrives to check), 'O' marked Gas Cylinder Screw, 2S Buttplate, Bolt - Demilled, Wide Base Gas Cylinder, Clip Latch Marked 'A'.

Finally, I already have a 1943 build complete with all WRA parts except for post war barrel and it has a few parts on it which could be transfered to either build respectively. These parts are: CM marked Operating Rod Fork, WRA Single Slot Screw, WRA Rear Handguard, Buttstock with Long Channel, full Trigger group with -4 Safety, WRA Lockbar Sight. I am not actively seeking the parts much, but if I fall into any I am happy!

Wish me luck!

Scott

Good luck Scott! I can't wait to see the results : )

Comment

Best of luck Scott!
      m14brian

Comment

Thank you guys!😃

Scott

Comment

Best of luck to you! You picked a challenge for sure, especially given the lack of parts in the UK. If I come across any leads on what you need, I will be happy to pass them along to you.

Keep em’ shooting!!

Comment

Originally posted by SA1941 View Post
            Best of luck to you! You picked a challenge for sure, especially given the lack of parts in the UK. If I come across any leads on what you need, I will be happy to pass them along to you.

Keep em’ shooting!!
            Many thanks mate! I'm actually lucky enough to have a few friendz in the US who assist me with posting over items etc.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Arnhem44mad View Post
              Hello guys (and gals...who knows?). Just wanted to give a little collection update as I have been working on a couple of builds. As previously mentioned i live in Scotland, so it can be very hard to locate M1 Garands over here. Due to this the way I do my builds is that I gather the correct parts for a project first, minus the receiver and barrel (which are Welded together. 9/10 this includes a post war barrel so the barrel isn't really an issue or a worry. I have been working on collecting parts for an early Winchester Educational M1 Rifle in the 100K range and same for WIN 13 1.6 million range. Obviously the Educational will most likely be a pipe dream but you would be surprised at what I have been able to get in my collection so far in UK.

For the early build I have managed to accumulate: Rear Sight Aperture without tracks, Checkered Windage Knob, Grooved Rear Handguard Clip and Grooved Lower Band, Operating Rod Catch and Operating Rod (relief cut), Bolt (demilled).

I also have a couple of spare generic pieces which could go on either build such as Trigger Guard, Hammer Plunger, Front Sight, Buttplate Screws, Clip Latch Pin.

Win 13 parts: Rear Sight Base, Aperture, Clip Latch, Bullet Guide, Follower Arm, Operating Rod Catch, Operating Rod (relief cut), Operating Rod Fork, a 13 Follower (but this Maybe SA, will have to wait till it arrives to check), 'O' marked Gas Cylinder Screw, 2S Buttplate, Bolt - Demilled, Wide Base Gas Cylinder, Clip Latch Marked 'A'.

Finally, I already have a 1943 build complete with all WRA parts except for post war barrel and it has a few parts on it which could be transfered to either build respectively. These parts are: CM marked Operating Rod Fork, WRA Single Slot Screw, WRA Rear Handguard, Buttstock with Long Channel, full Trigger group with -4 Safety, WRA Lockbar Sight. I am not actively seeking the parts much, but if I fall into any I am happy!

Wish me luck!

Scott
              Just added a WRA bullet Guide - No number.

Scott

Comment

WRA Long Channel Buttstock with WRA buttplate added. It also has stock Ferrule, screws and Sling Ferrule but unsure if these are WRA as of yet.

Scott

Comment

Great if you Post some pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue5 View Post
                    Great if you Post some pictures
                    Don't have yet mae, stuck in customs.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X