Need Parts for a 4 digit M1 Garand 90xx receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Parts for a 4 digit M1 Garand 90xx receiver

Just got myself a historical puzzle to put together. I'm in need of parts for this build. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Parts I have:

Safety
    Trigger
    Trigger housing
    Trigger guard
    Bolt
    Op rod
    Op rod catch
    Follower arm assembly
    Comp spring
    Follower rod
    Rear sight base
    Rear sight aperture
    Bullet guide
    Last edited by Apophis79; 09-25-2021, 12:45 AM.

Too many number parts including the wood, some original key parts are just not available anymore. Buy a repro kit if still around and fake wood

Comment

Unfortunately you are probably in for major disappointments. It's doubtful you will ever find the parts you need for that build in a lifetime of searching and even if you do the prices you will have to pay for many of them will be so high it will shock you. And, after you are done, well, all you'll really have is a put together, corrected M1. It will never be a collector item or ever bring back the cost of the build when sold if you are honest when you tell a seller it isn't a collector grade or original rifle.

Plus a 4 digit 90XX M1 is a gas trap model M1. You will find that parts for it will be impossible to obtain at any price.

Comment

Originally posted by lapriester View Post
        Unfortunately you are probably in for major disappointments. It's doubtful you will ever find the parts you need for that build in a lifetime of searching and even if you do the prices you will have to pay for many of them will be so high it will shock you. And, after you are done, well, all you'll really have is a put together, corrected M1. It will never be a collector item or ever bring back the cost of the build when sold if you are honest when you tell a seller it isn't a collector grade or original rifle.

Plus a 4 digit 90XX M1 is a gas trap model M1. You will find that parts for it will be impossible to obtain at any price.
        I realised that when I bought the op rod for $600. I guess the gas cylinder and original barrel will be the hardest to find.
        I'm still hopeful I'll find the rest of the parts.
        As far as a collector Mike, I already have a brand new never fired 1955 M1.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Apophis79; 09-12-2021, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Here is a list of some common gas trap parts and estimated prices:

gas cylinder 5K, keystone & comp spring 4K, stock numbered no trap 4K, solid numbered butt plate 1K plus

gas cylinder in photo has faked front sight, original sight around 2K Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010008_0003_003.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	31314

Comment

The parts can be found but as lapriester and RCS stated but it's costly and difficult. Some pieces are almost non-existant . A restoration is definitely a labor of love and can be done many different ways. Ie., all USGI and correct, some shootable parts, reproduction parts, or any combination of each. Have fun with it and enjoy it no matter what path you choose. As far as selling a restoration, that can be difficult to sell complete. Alot of people enjoy the hunt and the satisfaction of completing the project. Many rare and early parts retain their value and ,in some instances, grown in value. Amazingly the shootable reproduction gas cylinder kits have kept their value and grown a bit, mainly because of their quality. Beware of parts that are passed off as originals or reproduction parts that are passed off as shootable. Ask questions if you're unsure about something. Collecting should be enjoyable and not miserable.

I'll be glad to help and answer questions for you on your Gas Trap project. I do have knowledge of where to find many rare and desirable parts also and quality shootable pieces too.

Enjoy the journey , Paul 'Bubba1'
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba1 View Post
              The parts can be found but as lapriester and RCS stated but it's costly and difficult. Some pieces are almost non-existant . A restoration is definitely a labor of love and can be done many different ways. Ie., all USGI and correct, some shootable parts, reproduction parts, or any combination of each. Have fun with it and enjoy it no matter what path you choose. As far as selling a restoration, that can be difficult to sell complete. Alot of people enjoy the hunt and the satisfaction of completing the project. Many rare and early parts retain their value and ,in some instances, grown in value. Amazingly the shootable reproduction gas cylinder kits have kept their value and grown a bit, mainly because of their quality. Beware of parts that are passed off as originals or reproduction parts that are passed off as shootable. Ask questions if you're unsure about something. Collecting should be enjoyable and not miserable.

I'll be glad to help and answer questions for you on your Gas Trap project. I do have knowledge of where to find many rare and desirable parts also and quality shootable pieces too.

Enjoy the journey , Paul 'Bubba1'
              [email protected]
              Thank you, now that's some positive stuff, I wanted to hear. I'll email you asap.

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
                Here is a list of some common gas trap parts and estimated prices:

gas cylinder 5K, keystone & comp spring 4K, stock numbered no trap 4K, solid numbered butt plate 1K plus

gas cylinder in photo has faked front sight, original sight around 2K Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010008_0003_003.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	31314
                Do you have any of this parts?

Comment

Working...
                X