New To Me SA 3.63 with Data Sheet and Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New To Me SA 3.63 with Data Sheet and Pics

Very proud to own this. Can’t believe how well it’s been maintained. Will verify later but was told it was a CMP purchase in the early 90s. Everything seems original. No reason to doubt the seller. Let me know what you think?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2pXGHHYecRJNKq3a8

Very nice rifle. Nice wood. Seems you have a keeper with this one. How is the bore? Have you shot it yet?

Comment

Very nice rifle. When I get one I disassemble it completely as well. Every metal bit gets a thin film of grease as a preservative, (I have found rust in rarely accessed places such a under the lower handguard.) I then grease every sliding and moving surface with a little extra as I reassemble it.
      The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
      The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

That is definitely a keeper.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats on getting it.
          m14brian

Comment

Super nice, congrats!

Comment

I have not shot it yet. Been busy with kids fall sports and working on a couple other Garands. Plus I live in Alabama. I want to be able to relish and enjoy the experience. The weather is just now getting to a point to enjoy a day at the range.

The only part I’m a little concerned isn’t original is the safety. But info is inconclusive regarding the variations in markings from SA-11 to SA_11. So I have to look at the parts around it and see that the coloring is spot on matched. That and I have no reason to believe it’s not accurate.

Comment

Very nice looking rifle. Mine has a -11 saftey

Comment

I would not expect all parts to match in color on a original rifle as parts were not all parkerized in the same location with the same solution

Comment

I have a 3.7 SA (5-45). I'll have to check and see if the safety is a -11 or _11. I don't remember. It's been forever since I looked at it.
                    Jon

Comment

Working...
                    X