Earl Mcfarland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earl Mcfarland

I recently just bought a M1 Garand, and the guys were like excited it had a certain cartouche on the stock. What makes the Earl McFarland cartouche so desirable?

BTW I am new to the idea of forums. I'm only 20, but seems I found something I don't know how to work.
    lol thanks in advance!

It's only "special" if the inspector's stamp time-matches when the rifle was built.
    Jon

Comment

Yes, has a matching barrel and receiver. only thing not matching is the trigger group.

Comment

That's good that the receiver and barrel match. TIMEWISE, does the EMcF stock match? I.e., what is the serial number?
        Jon

Comment

The serial number for the receiver starts with 714 I’m not with the rifle at this moment in time. I just know that’s what it starts with

Comment

I’m pretty positive that the stock matches the everything.

Comment

Well the bolt and trigger group don’t match. The pictures below should help

Comment

That stock is not correct fro your rifle. It would be used several years later

Comment

Comment

How does it not match the rifle? This says that the rifle would’ve been with a earl McFarland stock. Also the serial put it in early to late July of 1942. What should the other stock have? I’m just trying to understand the markings an all for the garands

Comment

I think your stock is correct. I have an SA 82xxxx (Sept '42) and EMcF is correct for it.
                      Jon

Comment

Thank you, Jon. My last question is, why is the demand high for an Earl McFarland Garand? is it because not a lot of them made it back? That's what has me confused. The gentleman who saw my rifle said,”where’d you find a McFarland at?”, but I do not quite understand what makes it special.
                        Last edited by JosephAustinPresnal; 02-08-2021, 08:43 PM.

Comment

And what do these typically run for price wise? I never plan on selling it ,but it’s super neat to know what they go for

Comment

The EMcF M1's are in demand because they're early to mid war production rifles that likely saw actual war usage. As for price, it's condition, condition, condition. Depends on overall condition of the rifle, i.e. how much finish is left, is the stock nice or look like it got run over by a Tiger Tank, barrel v. receiver dates, parts make up, rifle "original" or "corrected", etc., etc., etc. Prices can be from several hundred to a few thousand. Every rifle must be judged on its own merits. There is no "blanket" price.
                            Jon

Comment

Thank you very much! It is people like you who help bring the newer generation into firearms. Willing to help everybody have a better understanding of the past! Have a blessed one!

Comment

Working...
                              X