Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

estimated value

Hello,
    My father who was an avid gun collector recently passed. I am selling the firearms that do not have sentimental family value to donate to the Texas State rifle association, an organization we was involved in. One of of these is a Garand he purchased thru the CMP. My research online indicates that these can have a wide range of values. I was hoping to get an estimated value from the pictures uploaded in this post.

There is no way to give a accurate estimate with those pictures. Do you have a CMP certificate and paperwork that tells the grade?
    If its a service grade it would sell in the $900 plus range
    If a correct grade with documentation in the $1600 range

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have any documentation. Thank you for the ball park, this is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by yostertag View Post
        Unfortunately I do not have any documentation. Thank you for the ball park, this is helpful.
        When my insurance wanted and inventory and values for thr rifles I just put 2 grand on my Garand. Depending on the quality of the insurance company they'll talk your values or offer less anyway.

Comment

With the X on the pistol grip it's probably a CMP Greek return of unknown grade. From the minimal pics I'd say Service Grade. These days I wouldn't price any decent shape Garand at less than $1500 and would probably push for $2000 wirh the insurance Co. Getting CMP documentation, if they sold it originally, is pretty easy from CMP.

It's irrelevant what CMP sold the rifle originally for or what the value might be to a CMP customer. Generally they'll undervalue the market price by $400 to $600 when they give you an estimate. Go to auction sites and see what similar rifles are selling for. I'll guarantee the market price on consignment somewhere would far exceed $900-$1000. I recently saw a well worn mixmaster sell locally in a small market area for $1500 in just 3 days.
          Last edited by lapriester; 01-19-2021, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X