X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricing for WW 2 era m1s?

Hi everyone,
    First off, great community with lots of great info. Thanks

i am looking to buy an M1 from the WW II era with some character to it with dings but not totally beat up.
    ive looked at some websites where you can buy them and there’s a pretty wide array of prices. From what I see the CMP is pretty decent but you don’t always get what is may be you are looking for and many of the stocks are new which isn’t what I want.

So my question is, what is a fair price range to pay for a WWII era M1 with some wear marks but not totally beat up either? Thanks everyone

Phil

$700- to seveal thousand $$$ all depends on what you are looking at

Comment

So 1800 to 1900 for an M1 in good condition isn’t out of line?

Comment

Originally posted by Pad3006 View Post
        If the seller will allow disassembly into major components so you can take photographs to post here you could get good advice. I just sold a great shooter for $1,100 it was a Korean War Postage Stamp International Harvester with few if any correct parts. It had been rebarreled with a National Match barrel. The M1 Carbines that are shooters are bringing near $1,000 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pad3006 View Post
          For a mixmaster its way out of line. If all correct its possibly a decent price

Comment

Do you want an all original WWII M1, a WWII restoration, or a WWII rebuild rebuilt during WWII? Big difference in price. Be advised there are a lot of M1 rifles out there being passed off as original that are in fact restorations.

Comment

I was at the CMP North store today. I spoke with the armorer and he said that if you have a preference in a grade you want to list it on the order form and they do what they can to fulfill the request. I was looking at a few service grades that had original stocks and WWII parts and areas also rebuilds. My suggestion is to call the North or South store and see if they have what you are looking for. Luckily I’m only an hour from the north store and will be stopping in more often. They carry a lot of ammo that is hard to find and at a decent price. 30.06 creedmore match grade Garand ammo $186 for 200 rnds. I also picked up a case of .303 British and .22lr match. It was an expensive trip cosidering I bought 2 Garands, 400 rnds of 30.06 and 200 rnds of .303. Well worth the trip.

Comment

Working...
              X