Flush nut photos and information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flush nut photos and information

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN2006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	772.8 KB ID:	26180 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010045_0036.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.9 KB ID:	26181 I wanted to post some flush nut photos as attempting to post anything on the CMP forum is impossible now, the CMP followers can check this website for photos.

I have posted some SA and WRA flush nuts photos and a short pinion photo

I have measured a number of flush nuts to determine just how wide the outside slot is on originals. I found that the slot is 3/64 inch or .046 inch plus or minus .003 inch as new Lend Lease rifles have a very tight slot while well used flush nuts can run as high as .050 inch, nothing with a larger width. Also measured the M1 rifle tool with the two studs that were used to remove or install the flush nut and they were .040 inch. There is also an early 1942 flush nut with a flat face which is not common to find, Ed Byrns has been tracking them to serial numbersClick image for larger version  Name:	dscn0306.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.15 MB ID:	26178 Click image for larger version  Name:	dscn0423.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	26179
    Last edited by RCS; 11-16-2020, 08:40 PM.

I think you mean .046" +/- .003". +/‐.03" would be a VERY wide or VERY narrow slot.
    Just sayin'.......(hey, someone has to pick the specs out of the pile. Might as well be me).
    Thanks for the info and pics.
    I'm assuming the bottom pic is a Winney and not an early SA wide arrow?
    Jon
    Last edited by TJT; 11-16-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks, it is corrected on the bottom picture, ,the windage knob was replaced with a Dulite color knob for the Winchester

Glad someone reads the posting

Comment

Robert
        Thank you for posting the photos and very informative information.

Comment

Now you got me wanting to check my Garand, get out the micrometers! Update to follow. AJ

Comment

Working...
          X