Views:	319
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	25831Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200918-103822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	361.5 KB
ID:	25828

Ok so here's an interesting one.

This beautiful M1 was found in France and as you can see has some pitting on the top.

It appears to be in all original issued condition. I am looking forward to inspecting it soon.

Scott
    Attached Files

Some more pics. It also came with an M7 Launcher and inert repro M9A1 AT Grenade.

Scott
    Attached Files

Comment

That's incredible! What a find!!
      I'm very much looking forward to seeing detailed photos of the parts on this rifle. From the outside it certainly appears to be a complete early WRA.
      Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Absolutely awesome - there are so few of these to study in as issued form as they were sent, ... over there, and used up like that! Other than it appears to be a trap door buttplate, it looks to be pretty 'right'. I look forward to the detail pics!

Comment

I wonder how many guns like this are buried or tucked away all over Europe. When you consider it was less than 20yr from the end of WWI to the rise of Nazi Germany. You have to wonder how people tucked away battlefield picked weapons in anticipation of the next war.

Comment

I think several. I knew a guy who participated in the 50th anniversary of D-Day and was given a garand by a farm lady. There does not appear to be a shortage in any of the museums.

Comment

Did you purchase it?

Is it operable, wrt British gun laws?

Comment

Its deactivated mate.

Scott

Comment

Scott
                  Can you own a fully automatic weapon like a Bren or BAR if its deactivated?

Comment

It would be great if you could post a completed data sheet so the gurus on the page could comment. Regards

Comment

I shall as soon as the seller stops beating around the Bush for payment.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X