Type I Lock Bar Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type I Lock Bar Questions

I have seen these before but haven't previously owned one.. Anyone else have a Type I Lock Bar to compare with. It looks good but the pinion almost looks to clean. What ye experts think?

Comment

Looks good. The short pinions were partially machined, blued, and the finish machined . That's why they are partially in the white and partially blued . Parkerized short pinions are not original finish. The type 1 lockbar also looks good. Both of these have been faked/reproduced but your example looks real to me.

Paul 'Bubba 1'

Comment

I realize the pinions are in the white but this one looked to shiny, just needed confirmation on it. I picked it up in a Gunbroker auction. The pictures weren't very good and I took a chance. Only in it for $135 so I did well on it, I suppose these are selling in the $600 range today?
        Thanks for your help Sir

Comment

Yes, you did well. 600.00 plus

Comment

Very nice pick up--especially at that price!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba1 View Post
              . The short pinions were partially machined, blued, and the finish machined .

Paul 'Bubba 1'
              Paul
              Any idea why the were done this way?

Comment

I have a number of rifles with short pinions and only a few look like Orlando's pinion, my Lend Lease and a few others but pinions get rusty and some of the blue bands loose their color. Others that I found have been cleaned as you can see the fine pitting. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010045_0036.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	23676

Comment

Working...
                X