M1 Garand WW2 Crate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1 Garand WW2 Crate

Has anyone evwr saw a ww2 M1 Crate ir even pre ww2?

I have asked this question on a few fkrums and pages and it seems no one has.

Scott

I have seen pictures of 1903 crates, I would guess the garand crates to look the same

Comment

Scott Duff's red book has a pictures of garands being put into a crate after being manufactured at Springfield Armory.
      Last edited by jak; 02-05-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Thank you guys. I did find one in Canfields book but it's not the clearest image and just looks like a standard unmarked crate, no military markings sadly.

Scott

Comment

These?

The CMP got loads of them back from Greece years ago and they were said to be old WWII US crates. They held 10 rifles each with dividers and most were painted green on the outside.

Most of the dividers were missing.

If I remember right, they were finally selling them for 10 dollars a piece and there were stacks of them at the North store. They weren't a big mover and they had so many at Anniston that, I heard ...

Well, they had so many that I heard they actually burned most of them just to get them out of the way.

Comment

True, when the north store had them they would put them out in the hallway with the ammo boxes and they were free to take. As normal I was told that some people started bringing trailers so they decided to put a price tag on them. If it wasn't winter and my barn wasn't snowed in I would check mine, I have a garand and an O3 box that I use for tool, equipment storage. I think they were basically the same except maybe the slats and the outside hardware. If you google garand crate, I found pictures of an HRA crate as well as some pictures of old 03 crates and of course some of these CMP crates on line.

Comment

Very cool guys thank you!

Scott

Comment

Working...
              X