Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never thought I'd own one of these pieces...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never thought I'd own one of these pieces...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5431.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.57 MB ID:	22447Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5432.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	22448 Was sent by a good friend in the USA 3 weeks ago in a normal envelope via standard USPS mail.

Today it arrived (You could say it nearly never!)

Type 1 Lockbar. For my May 42 SA.

I never believed I would own one of these! It was actually sent to me for nothing. I am a huge believer in karma and recently sent a grooved rear Handguard clip to one friend and an original leather sling to another for nothing. Karma works!

Scott
    Last edited by Arnhem44mad; 12-14-2019, 04:28 PM.

Very nice
    Type I lock bars are hard to find in the US and very expensive when you do. I haven’t seen any for sale for years

Comment

Thanks mate! I have never seen one for sale. I have never seen one in real life. Must be one of the only ones in the UK!

Scott

Comment

You have to be careful as the Type 1 lock bar has been faked for years. Most fakers just sleeve the Type 2 - most of the time easy to spot if magnified. But if the price is around $200 or more you could expect some were made on a lathe and small mill. Years ago a well known dealer sold a early 1942 rifle to a friend in St Paul, MN, who did notice the fake lock bar, the dealer took it back.

Comment

I think it's legit I know the sender well and he is a good guy!

I did not know they were reprod though, thanks!

Scott

Comment

Some close ups.

Scott
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X