Early clip ejection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early clip ejection

Hello I know this has probably been discussed as many times as there are M1 rifles. But I just have a question. I recently purchased a 1944 M1 garand and it’s in pretty good shape. I have not shot the rifle yet but I have loaded it and function tested the action witch worked as it should. However I disassemble it to clean and check for worn parts. Now I am no expert on this process but it seemed pretty straight forward. After I reassembled the rifle I loaded it again and manually functioned the action and now the clip will premature eject while the last round is still in the clip. I’m wondering if I assembled it incorrectly seeings how it functioned fine before I stripped it down. Or should I start looking for worn parts. Another problem I have is I only have one clip at the this time and I know I need to try some others. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone..

Manually working with dummy rds really tells you nothing, real test is at the range with live rds.Make sure you are using USGI enblocs and take it to the range and report back

Comment

Orlando thanks for the reply.. I just went out to my backyard range and fired a full 8 round clip through the ol girl and she ran flawlessly. Ejected the clip without issue!! I’m assuming my manual working the action is just to slow?! But either way she is a beautiful workhorse. Thanks again I just did t want to shoot live rounds without some kinda input.

Comment

And BTW don't manually load/cycle live rounds through the rifle unless you are at the range, the rifle held tightly and the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. If you feel you must hand cycle the action indoors either buy, make up or have someone make you some dummy rounds to play with. Garand have been known to fire when the action is slammed shut. Safety first!!

Comment

Working...
        X