Questions about receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about receiver

I picked this receiver up a few years ago and promptly forgot about it until recently. I believe the serial number puts it around September 42. It’s in seemingly pristine condition and I can find no signs of use or repair. I’m wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on what this might have been doing for the past 75 years. My plan was to build a shooter but I want to make sure this receiver is a good start to that end. Any thoughts or advice on the best way to proceed would be much appreciated!

Not really a mystery, more than likely refinished. Its always nice finding garand parts you forgot you had. If you need garand parts send me a PM, I have some for sale

Comment

It has been refinished. You can see the pits under the parkerizing

Comment

I wish I could find a stripped receiver I didn't know I had. Nice find. Definately refinished but done well. It will make a nice rifle and, these days, it's pretty valuable should you decide to sell it since bare receivers are getting much harder to find.

Comment

There's a guy on gun broker who had about 12 strip receivers for sale at one time. I don't know how many he has left? But I got my gas trapreceiver it from him

Comment

I have 5 receivers stashed away and enough parts to build them into complete rifles. Someday I might do something with them

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
              I have 5 receivers stashed away and enough parts to build them into complete rifles. Someday I might do something with them
              I hate you!

Comment

Working...
              X