Value of 12-41 Barrel?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of 12-41 Barrel?

Trying to get a fair value of a 12-41 barrel that I have. It came off of a VFW rifle, that it had been slightly tacked on the receiver. Got it from a friend of mine who helps the local VFWs, and they let him have the barrel, as long as he replaced it. If I recall, the throat and muzzle are 2 and 1? Bore has a little roughness in the grooves, but not a sewer pipe by any means. It is on a 2-42 receiver that I restored with some original and some repro parts. This barrel just does not headspace great with this receiver, comes close to closing on a field gauge. Going to go with an aftermarket barrel, since my original intention was to have a nice shooter, that looked like an early war Garand. I have shot it, and it does great. Just would like to have a ballpark value, if I decide to let it go to someone else. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you want to use the barrel do not worry about it being "close" to closing on a Field gage. Its fine, its only when it closes on the gage. I doubt you will ever shoot enough to see a change in headspace. Will make absolutely no difference as far as accuracy either way. A rifle with long headspace is not dangerous to shoot, its just hard on brass if you reload.You can also try changing bolts, SA 65 series bolts are longer. As for value I cant help you, I would throw it on E-bay and see where it goes.
    Last edited by Orlando; 06-09-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

I really had trouble selling a nice Lend Lease barrel for a friend, it was dated 10-41 and had the BNP proofs at the back, nice bore too. Best offer was $200.00

Comment

No British Proof marks on this one, I imagine that would have been what made it harder to sell.

Comment

You do not find many later 1941 dated barrels on rifles "without" British proof stamps. I would think your barrel should be worth around the $350 area ? I have a rebuild that was in my collection since the 90's that has a nice late 1941 barrel without British proofs
          Attached Files

Comment

Tack weld is going to hurt the value...…………...

Comment

• RCS
              RCS commented
              Editing a comment
              Your right, forgot about the tack weld, if can see it when you open the action I would estimate 40% to 50% off the $350

Cannot see the tack welded area with the action open.

Comment

Originally posted by 6kidsdad View Post
              Cannot see the tack welded area with the action open.
              it hurts the collector value

Comment

Working...
              X