Underwood sub contracted gas screws period of use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underwood sub contracted gas screws period of use

We’re subcontracted Underwood poppet gas screws present from the factory on say late 43 early 44 Springfield’s.

Why don't you get some books and read them. Not trying to be a smart azz but if you have to find the information yourself--and I don't mean using forums--you tend to remember it. Just fyi--when I started this game 40 years ago, there was no 'net. One had to read, actually write letters and send them in the mail, and hope for responses, look at every M1 I could get my hands on, ask questions and did a LOT of sleuthing on my own. Do I know it all? Hardly. Do I remember it all-mostly. New info is uncovered almost daily. I don't think we'll ever have ALL the answers. The answers you seek are in the books-trust me.
    Jon

Comment

Got quite a few and the closest they have come is Jan 44 for Poppets in general but not specifically Underwood made ones. Just hoping someone had a know period factory original that would narrow the range of the Underwood made ones. that’s all.

Comment

I have an original SA rifle in the 2.77 million serial range that came from a veterans estate and is original and well used, it has the single slot lock screw. You can find other serial numbers before this one and past this one with the poppet lock screw. Duff wrote in his WW2 book that the single slot lock screw was used throughout WW2. The poppet screw was an easy change in the field.

Comment

Working...
        X