1945 springfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1945 springfield

is a springfield at $1100.00 with the serial no. 3671842 a fair price? gun looks to be in good shape, and stock is nice with a few cartouche marks. barrel does not swallow a round, it looks to be sticking out between 1/4" to an 1/8" at the muzzle. i dont have access to a gauge. thanks in advance for any help.

Without pictures and /or detailed descriptions we can't give you an honest assessment of the rifle. Basically you've said, "I found an old Chevy/Ford and the tires are good. Should I buy it?"
    Jon

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (1).jpeg
Views:	253
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	17546 i did give a description. the only way i could post pictures is if i bought it. it has a matching barrel, and mostly springfield parts.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mikeurbas; 12-19-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

i was able to upload some pics.

Comment

here are some more pics.
          Attached Files

Comment

IMO there are better deals to be had. Garand prices are at a low right now

Comment

he's come down to 1000.00

Comment

Play the game and get one from the CMP for a little over $700. It's not difficult unless some one is just a lazy azz .
                Jon

Comment

You say 1/8 to 1/4 showing at the muzzle?? 1/8 is pretty darn worn. Which is it 1/8 or 1/4?
                  Rifles prices are down, I just saw a very nice garand sell on another forum for $750

Comment

It's a mixed parts / mixed era late WWII receiver. If the barrel was in in the white and no chrome at the gas port...and the TE and MW were decent, I'd maybe offer 800-900. if there were other premium parts (uncut correct op-rod, etc.) I might nudge more to the high end.

Comment

If you can go the CMP route. I just got a very nice service grade from that with a lot of correct dated parts on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X