IHC coming in 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IHC coming in 308

Will be in a week or so. Has a new criterion 308 on it. All IHC except barrel. Owner passed before assembly. So, I am getting the IHC barreled receiver with all loose parts. 300 clips and other extra parts and 3 1905 bayonets. Gentleman was a major quality collector. will pic when it arrives.

Barrel was installed by Ted Brown. I have 2 IHC stocks and all IHC parts from my stockpile. Just waiting for B/R with bolt. Already headspaced.
    Last edited by 1563621; 09-22-2022, 12:29 AM.

Comment

That will be a unique IHC! Love to see the pics.
      Shoot safe...
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by 1563621 View Post
        Will be in a week or so. Has a new criterion 308 on it. All IHC except barrel. Owner passed before assembly. So, I am getting the IHC barreled receiver with all loose parts. 300 clips and other extra parts and 3 1905 bayonets. Gentleman was a major quality collector. will pic when it arrives.
        When did you buy it? I have a CMP Special in .30-06 that I bought a few years ago. WWII SA receiver in perfect condition. I have a .308 I built myself on a CMP SA receiver, and that one was perfect too. I had a local hotshot armorer build a Krieger barreled match rifle for me on a SA Field Grade I acquired in May. That receiver has some small pits if you look closely. Probably a Turk return and most definitely should have been a Rack Grade for a laundry list of issues.

I'm willing to bet that there are a bunch of WRA and IHC receivers that are on rough condition Philippine and Turkish returns. Turning them into '.308 Specials' is probably the most lucrative way for the CMP to dispose of them. I'm not criticizing- this is how CMP funds itself and more power to them.‚Äč

Comment

Working...
        X