IHC Gas Cylinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IHC Gas Cylinder?

I read a lot of back posts about identifying an IHC gas cylinder, including Wayne Bradford's terrific 8-step identification guide, but I see contradicting indicators on mine.

It does not have the football shape under the lug, and it does not have other indicators of other makers like stamps or punches. It does have the screw with concentric circles, the offset screw staking, and the "bow tie," so I'm not sure what to make of it.

I inferred that the football shape is important, but that not all IHC GC's had it. Thoughts appreciated.

Sorry Mr. President, the people we defeated in WW2 were not "fine people," and America's war dead are not "suckers" and "losers."

Looks like the "paint brush " style of IHC cylinder. What indicators do you see that make you think its possibly not IHC?

Comment

The lack of the football shape. What does "paint brush" mean in this context? What should I be looking at? Is it the narrow contour of the bottom of the GC (paint brush handle), that widens out under the lug (brush part of a paint brush)? Do other manufacturers not have that?

I have confirmed that the sight screw is knurled, for what that's worth.
      Last edited by adanac; 08-07-2022, 03:03 PM.
      Sorry Mr. President, the people we defeated in WW2 were not "fine people," and America's war dead are not "suckers" and "losers."

Comment

Comment

I am pretty sure yours is not IHC but wayne bradford is the expert

Comment

Your GC looks to be an SA.
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X