Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Correct HRA, looking for advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Correct HRA, looking for advice.

I found this one for sale and I’m considering it. I’m questioning the correctness of it though. It’s advertised as correct. Any thoughts on it? I know that the bolt is SA, but it’s from 43 and from what I’ve researched HRA used wartime bolts near the end of production. Also the stock is missing cartouches. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Nope, not correct at all. The replacement stock doesn't even have a good lockup. The rifle seems to be sliding left and right in the stock. Examine the two pictures that show the heel of the receiver. The receiver picture in your first post shows the rifle in the center of the stock. The receiver picture in your second post shows the left corner of the heel just next to the edge of the stock and a lot more wood showing on the right side of the receiver. Does it have a HRA trigger group, Op rod, elevation knob, gas plug, front sight, etc. None of that is shown in the pictures. What price are they asking for it ?
      Last edited by jak; 01-31-2022, 10:42 PM.
      Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

• DBarnes
        DBarnes commented
        Editing a comment
        I see what your saying, but I think it’s camera angle. If you look at the wood gain the third line of grain and the number 4 in the serial number match up in the pictures. Right now he’s at $1500

Here’s another angle.

Comment

That is not an original stock. It's a modern fat replacement stock.

To be brutally honest, there are so many things not correct about that rifle that it's worth is not much more than a Service Grade CMP rifle. Definately less than $1000 on a good day. And that doesn't count the well worn finish.

$1500? Nope! $1000 if you want it really bad. $0 if you are wise.
        Last edited by lapriester; 02-01-2022, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• DBarnes
          DBarnes commented
          Editing a comment
          I definitely don’t want it really bad! Especially after I just bought two service grades from CMP. One thing though, I haven’t been able to find any private sale that was less than 1400. And with CMP drying up I figure these are the prices we’ll be looking at if they don’t find anymore rifles.

Not worth the price. You received 2 garand from CMP that are better and cheaper than this one. Don't get into panic buying mode. Do your homework and you actually find a nice one.
        Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

The SA bolt is definitely wrong as well.
          Jon

Comment

10-4, thanks y’all 👍

Comment

Market always has H&R rifles floating around. 1500 to 2000 can get you a very nice correct rifle for sure. I suggest more in depth reading on H&Rs and go from there. Scott Duffy post war book has great info regarding these rifles. Good luck in your search!

Comment

Working...
              X