4.24 million Springfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.24 million Springfield

I've had this rifle since I was 13 years old, my father gave it to me on my birthday. But last year I finally decided to return her to her former glory. Almsot 80% of the parts on the rifle were Beretta marked in some fashion which led me to believe this rifle saw extensive action in Korea. After months of searching and waiting for the mailman I did finally get her back together. The most expensive part being the stock. Hope you guys enjoy the photos.
    Attached Files

More photos.
    Attached Files

Comment

And a few more.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics, I'm sure this rifle must mean a lot to you. When I was 13 I probably got a card with $10 in it ;D

Comment

• Btl1994
          Btl1994 commented
          Editing a comment
          It does for sure. Thats why I took the time to do what I did. Plus I got to tinker and learn things along the way. Win win for me!

Win win for sure!

Comment

Did you father get the rifle from the CMP? The CMP at one time sold M1 Garands returned from Denmark. A lot of these M1s had Beretta replacement parts. The Beretta parts and stock have value. M1 collectors who have Beretta M1s need Beretta parts to complete their restorations.

Comment

• Btl1994
            Btl1994 commented
            Editing a comment
            No CMP rifle here. Walked in to a friend's gun store and he said it had just came in. They were cleaning it cause it was all gummy and sticky from sitting in a closet. I did sell all those parts on gunboards and a guy bought the entire lot so they did end up being used. Didn't get a boat load for the stuff but at least I got rid of them.

Man, that's a cool rifle. Always nice to get the old girls out of the cabinet and back to their former glory. Good on ya. Doing the same thing with a Type. 99 Arisaka and a Spanish Mauser 93 carbine right now. Both of em are guns from when I was 12-13 and learning to stalk deer with my dad. There's history and then there's *history*.

Comment

Working...
          X