Putting One Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting One Together

Nothing special, just assembling a shooter Garand with parts I have laying around. Im calling this one my floating 5 HRA because of the anomaly of the serial number

Bringing it back to life, one piece at a time. Nice.

Comment

Good idea. I've done that three times to get rid of spare parts. Post some pictures of the finished product.
      Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Reminds of the Johnny Cash song "one piece at a time....."
        Jon

Comment

Please post pictures, and maybe targets when you have it together. I love to see these rifles put back into service as shooters.
          Folks where more "modern" service rifles are banned can be well served by a good Garand.
          The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
          The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

• Btl1994
            Btl1994 commented
            Editing a comment
            The beauty of the m1. Doesn't fit most requirements to be on the naughty list in those type states. That and they're great for shooting and investment reasons.

• DumpsterDriver
            DumpsterDriver commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm a black rifle guy, I'm getting faster reload split times on my Garand and it doesn't have a 2x4 sticking out the bottom if I have to get low at a tournament. If someone wants to bust into my house they better have good Level 4 rifle plates or they're going to have a hell of a night.

Very nice, Bill.
          Is that a CMP barrel vise in the background?
          Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Yes it is................

Comment

Can't wait to see it finished out, cool build!

Comment

My first ever Garand was purchased at a local gunshop. The receiver dates to January, 1943. The rest of is is an assortment of parts from multiple other rifles. It was essentially built up in the mid-1950s at an ordinance facility, but so far I haven't found any markings to indicate where. I've committed multiple acts of sacrilege (to collectors) on it make it more usable and really appreciate how it's turned out. The barrel is like new, and it's surprisingly accurate. I've been using it (carefully) as a utility rifle on my property.

Comment

That barrel look brand new! Nice one, Bill.

Comment

DumpsterDriver commented
                    01-31-2022, 01:11 AM
                    I'm a black rifle guy, I'm getting faster reload split times on my Garand and it doesn't have a 2x4 sticking out the bottom if I have to get low at a tournament. If someone wants to bust into my house they better have good Level 4 rifle plates or they're going to have a hell of a night.

This is a virtue not commonly accepted with the Garand, very fast reloads. In WWII, GI's reloaded in two seconds.

Comment

Even a put together floating five [nice receiver by the way!!] would still get 1500 or so on the market now.

Comment

Working...
                      X