Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Korean war Garand purchase

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/879919096

I purchased this rifle on Gunbroker recently. In the ad the seller seemed to imply that he bought it CMP “years ago.” Further questioning after I received it revealed that he bought it in 2019. It came in a Flambeau hard case with a loop sling and a single International Silver clip. I think he was asking $1200 but I offered him $1k which was automatically accepted immediately and he shipped it for free. His dueling CMP stories seem odd especially since he says he lost all the CMP documentation and shipped it in a Flambeau case. I am just wondering if this is a Philippine return rifle or what. You can see pics on the link and the included photos if you want to comment on anything of note. I like the rifle for the price I paid. I probably should buy a limit of what is left of the CMP rifles but this one was ready and available for a first Garand.

Hi Bearstopper! Your post is over 2 months old,and Ya I would say you did get a good deal, but I would doubt it’s one of the Philippine returns, meaning if the seller purchased it Years ago. They built the last Garands up into 1957. Any CMP Garand I’ve seen usually comes with three clips, instruction manual, and info on joining NRA. You might want to go on the internet to CMP give them the serial number, they might be able to tell you when the Garand was originally sold and when they received it. That info might really surprise you. That Garand May have been passed thru several hands before you got it. Also, I’ve seen the most recent plastic shipping CMP case, they have really changed them up, compaired to the old foam cases. Have a great holiday! AJ

Comment

Working...
    X