The Devils M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Devils M1

I can’t believe that after being a loyal CMP customer for the past five years, that I get this. I upgraded my field grade order to a service grade the other day and stickied for a 1943 SA. Not only do I not get a War year, I get a SA that has (gasp) 666 in the serial number. No kidding. Here is the proof.
    Attached Files

I used to have garand 3666908. It was a CMP rifle. No big deal.

Comment

It may turn out to be a fine rifle, if not sell it lol!
      m14brian

Comment

Originally posted by CCyooper View Post
        I used to have garand 3666908. It was a CMP rifle. No big deal.
        Interesting, almost one million shy exactly. Like Brian said, it may be a fine rifle. We shall see today!

Comment

Ok, so somebody please tell me what I’ve got here. I know it’s an early H&R, but would I be correct I’m saying that it is near the beginning of production, therefore somewhat valuable? Other than than, my post war Garand knowledge is fragile at best.
          Attached Files

Comment

High hump gas cylinder lock.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SA1941; 08-04-2020, 11:54 PM.

Comment

H&R started production at 4,666,001, the early rifles had WW II Sa -3,6 ,9 or Winchester modified op rods, Hart trigger groups marked with bowlegged H )-(. Hammers were SA -6 or -9. Op rod catch was WWII SA or Winchester. The early stocks were marked with Ordnance wheel. The barrels on 4.66 rifle were HRA and dated 1952-54.
              Congratulations on your new rifle.

Comment

H&R started production at 4,660,001. I got carried away on 666 theme lol.

Comment

I think the most satanic M1, wouldn't that be s/n 666, a NOV 1937 SA? It's worth a fortune I'm sure.
                  m14brian

Comment

• SA1941
                    SA1941 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very funny Brian, but true! It honestly doesn’t bother me, just couldn’t help but notice when I saw the invoice. But I am impressed to have such an early HRA wind up in my lap by pure luck of the draw. She does have a -9 SA op rod, and WWII op rod catch, and DRC rear sights.

Some pics with her in the wood. She is starting to grow on me. Just can’t help but feel strange about owning a WWII rifle that wasn’t made during the war at all.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Glad it came in! That is an interesting situation with the "WWII, but not WWII." It's a neat little niche area of collection, that's for sure. Pretty rifle, no matter what!

Comment

• SA1941
                      SA1941 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Honestly, even though this particular rifle doesn’t fit the needs of my collection, I am strongly reconsidering selling it. For now at least I think she will be a keeper.

nice rifle i have a 1956 H&R but it has been blued instead of parked and they buffed the H&R off the reciever but didn't mess with serial number, shoots pretty good in the dupage java laminated stock ser#57113xx
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X