Cmp rm1 special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cmp rm1 special

A few years ago I got a CMP Special in .30-06. It was essentially a brand new rifle built with a receiver made in September 1942.
    Question, is it a WWII rifle because of when the receiver was made, or a post war rifle for when it was actually built up?
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

WWII rifle that was rebuilt. You have original 1964 Ford Mustang frame sitting in a garage. You rebuild it with all reproductions parts to make it look original. Is it a 1964 Mustang or a 2020 Mustang ?
    Last edited by jak; 07-26-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

OK, so it's a WWII rifle that has been given a new lease on life, thanks.

Comment

Thousands of M1 Garands were rebuilt after the end of WWII at FN in Belgium under US Military contract. Many thousands more were rebuilt by arsenals in the US between the end of WWII and the Korean War and after. Many more were rebuilt by US Arsenals in 1960s. National Guard units were issued M1 Garands into the 1970s as well as the US Navy. The Navy Garands were in 7.62 Nato.

Comment

Before I moved out of purgatory, I needed a serviceable rifle with enough power to deal with moose and black bear. The more modern types were banned there, so the Garand was a good choice. Decided to get a "like new" one for actual use. Carried and shot it a lot in the next few years before we moved.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
            Before I moved out of purgatory, I needed a serviceable rifle with enough power to deal with moose and black bear. The more modern types were banned there, so the Garand was a good choice. Decided to get a "like new" one for actual use. Carried and shot it a lot in the next few years before we moved.
            Did you live in The People's Republik of Commiefornia? Is the M1 your survival/SHTF rifle?
            m14brian

Comment

• Bearstopper
              Bearstopper commented
              Editing a comment
              No moose in Commiefornia!

I moved out of Connecticut. The Garand is a faster reload than a 10-round box magazine, which was the maximum capacity allowed. That and the power of the .30-06 made it my favored utility and SHTF rifle. The final straw was someone trying to call down a "red flag" confiscation on me. Fortunately the person I supposedly "threatened" was a friend who was surprised by the police visit. He told the police it was bogus. When I found out I sent nearly everything off to auction. Rather have the cash than the state confiscate and destroy it it all. When a leftist at work figured out I disagreed with him, the harassment got so bad the company moved me out of the plant to work from home for my own safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
              I moved out of Connecticut. The Garand is a faster reload than a 10-round box magazine, which was the maximum capacity allowed. That and the power of the .30-06 made it my favored utility and SHTF rifle. The final straw was someone trying to call down a "red flag" confiscation on me. Fortunately the person I supposedly "threatened" was a friend who was surprised by the police visit. He told the police it was bogus. When I found out I sent nearly everything off to auction. Rather have the cash than the state confiscate and destroy it it all. When a leftist at work figured out I disagreed with him, the harassment got so bad the company moved me out of the plant to work from home for my own safety.
              You mean the People's Democratic Republic Of Connecticut. Used to be a perfectly good state too...then the huge influx from Manhattan wrecked it. That and roughly 50 years of communists in power holding the purse strings. Don't get me started.

Comment

Working...
              X