T37 Flash Hider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T37 Flash Hider

Photo shows a T37 Flash hider that came in the 1959 dated asphaltic tube, but the really "rare" variation had the "brush ring" around the front tip. There was another US 30 cal weapon that used the T37 type flash hider late in its service life (Viet Nam). Can anyone name the other US service 30 cal weapon ?
    Attached Files

Browning Automatic Rifle

Comment

correct answer

Comment

Robert
        I only knew because I have one mounted on my 1918A3. Can you provide history on them as far as maker and year adopted.

Comment

I do not know - but it appears that a number of Model 1918A2 BAR rifles that were rebuilt and sent to Viet Nam had the open prong flash hider. I think some of the really rare BAR parts are from the pre WW2 period and early WW2 period. The carrying handle was not a WW2 issue - but was adopted at the end of the war. The early walnut 1918A1 and 1918A2 stocks are kind of rare, the Seymour case colored follower was thought to improve feeding but became a spare part. The pre WW2 1918A1 bipod and CV marked firing pins are somewhat rare. There was a website called BAR Man which covered both full and semi ownership but is now gone. There is a member on this forum who has some photos of variations of different winter triggers designed for the BAR, maybe he could post some photos.

Comment

I have some part drawings from early WRA testing and modifications. Next time I’m home I’ll look through the documents and tests to see if they are worthy of posting.

Comment

Working...
            X