IHC Garand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHC Garand

I have a new to me IHC Garand that I picked up. It is in excellent shape with a decent barrel. I do not know if it is all correct but I have a few pictures. Any help with this?

The LMR barrel with the punch mark should be correct for your receiver. The CMP stock and WWII trigger housing are replacements.

Comment

You need ALOT more pictures and info before we can help you

Comment

Rshooter, I think Orlando had a thread a while back where he disassembled an IHC and took a ton of great pics, there were marks on a lot of parts, if you strip it to grease it or clean it take as many pics as you can. Maybe you can find the posts in the mean time, that might give some general guidance.
        m14brian

Comment

I will break her down and post more pictures.

Comment

Rshooter Many IHC M1 Garands parts bear a single stamped letter. Clip latches are marked in the inside by spring hole. Sight bases are marked on the underside. followers and op rod catches are marked. gas plugs will bear IHC. Op rods and bolts will be marked IHC. I am sure other will chime in as markings differ according to the serial number. Please post photos of the parts mentioned along with el. and windage knobs and stock barrel channel.

Comment

Here is a IHC of mine to compare parts with. You also have to know how to identify unmarked parts

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks, it is not an entirely IHC gun anymore. I will be sending more pictures.

Comment

Nice gun. I just picked up an IHC CMP Special from the CMP South Store in .308...………..really glad I did

Comment

Working...
                              X