Recent IHC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent IHC

Has anyone been buying any IHCs lately? I got one of the Field Grades on the last 2018 CMP North Store open day.

Danny

Got any pics of this beauty? Let's check her out!
    m14brian

Comment

Pictures or it doesn't exist!
      Jon

Comment

Apparently neither Danny nor the IHC exist.
        Jon

Comment

I don't do pictures...sorry

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by danny View Post
            I don't do pictures...sorry

Danny
            Why not? What are you afraid of? No one else seems to have that "problem".
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post

Why not? What are you afraid of? No one else seems to have that "problem".
              Jon
              Why do you automatically assume that I "have that problem" (whatever that is), and that I am "afraid of" (something)?

Danny

Comment

• RDS
                RDS commented
                Editing a comment
                danny
                I do not do photos either. I am too old to learn. But others have been kind enough to post photos for me. How about posting more info on your IHC. There are many IHC variations.
                Last edited by RDS; 02-24-2019, 08:04 AM.

• Hunterbfp
                Hunterbfp commented
                Editing a comment
                Yawnnnnn, come on Danny pics are part of the experience here. No one wants to hear about your rifle......we want to see it too. Jeeze

The IHC Field Grades from the CMP are largely populated with Turkish Return rifles, but there are some that sneak thru that must have come from other sources like DoD inventory. The Turkish returns tend to have a brownish finish with some even tending toward purple. They are not all that way but a lot of them are, and some are worse than others.
              Those that turn up from time to time from other sources have a better surface finish from what I have seen.
              A few weeks ago my buddy purchased a Service Grade from the South Store that might turn out to be mostly correct, needing maybe a stock. It was real nice and not a Turkish Return.
              I have purchased 5-6 IHCs from the CMP in the last year and a half and all were very nearly correct and hand-picked at the store.
              I like them but finding good IHC stock-sets can be a real challenge.

Was yours a Turkish Return?

Rob
              Last edited by rob30-06; 03-04-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

My old friend. Charlie Redfield had all the IHC variations except the HRA manufactured receiver for IHC - but he did find one in Texas but the owner is still not ready to deal

Comment

Century Intl. about 30 years ago imported a small batch of IHC M1 Garands from Morocco. All the ones I examine were in the later 5 million serial number block. I can not remember if 5.1 or 5.2 block. The rifles I examined were all correct and appeared unissued. They were with out a doubt the nicest imported IHCs I have ever examined. They were expensive and sold quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by rob30-06 View Post
                    The IHC Field Grades from the CMP are largely populated with Turkish Return rifles, but there are some that sneak thru that must have come from other sources like DoD inventory. The Turkish returns tend to have a brownish finish with some even tending toward purple. They are not all that way but a lot of them are, and some are worse than others.
                    Those that turn up from time to time from other sources have a better surface finish from what I have seen.
                    A few weeks ago my buddy purchased a Service Grade from the South Store that might turn out to be mostly correct, needing maybe a stock. It was real nice and not a Turkish Return.
                    I have purchased 5-6 IHCs from the CMP in the last year and a half and all were very nearly correct and hand-picked at the store.
                    I like them but finding good IHC stock-sets can be a real challenge.

Was yours a Turkish Return?

Rob
                    Rob,
                    Thank you for the posting. I suspect that my rifle was a Turkish return, but do not know for sure, nor do the guys at the North Store. I got the information that it might be a Turkish return from them. Mine is mostly correct and looks like normal thinned parkerizing that is not brown or purple. The wood is not correct and I do not ever have thoughts of finding the expensive correct wood.

Danny

Comment

Working...
                    X