Air Force Match Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Force Match Rifle

I have since purchased this very interesting rifle. 4.22 million serial numbered M1, with Air Force modifications. Butt stock has an intersting stamp under the butt plate, I've found that J Robinson is a National Guard Camp in Arkansas that holds a sacnctioned rifle pistol and machine gun match and has held it since 1971.The most notable modifications being the highly polished barrel and modification to the rear sight to allow for 1/2 minute adjustments. My questions are, would this be considered an early modified rifle as it lacks the AFPG barrel stamp, no markings in the stock channel but is routed out for op rod clearance, and non marked trigger housing. Stock is bedded in the correct places, bolt is blued and polished, hammer is also polished on the catches, and gas tube has enlarged ring and modified for clearance to front handguard along with the fro t had guard glued and screwed to the furel. Also rear had guard is cut to clear receiver and has a NM marked hooded sight. Insight is welcomed.

More photos

Comment

Amd last of the photos.

Comment

A lot of the pictures are upside down or sideways for some reason, but from what I can tell, despite that, it looks like a stunning rifle. Jealous.
        Sorry Mr. President, the people we defeated in WW2 were not "fine people," and America's war dead are not "suckers" and "losers."

Comment

Nice looking rifle Sir!
          m14brian

Comment

How is the barrel marked? 30/06 or 7.62 Nato?

Comment

• Btl1994
              Btl1994 commented
              Editing a comment
              Barrel is in 30-06. The only visible marking is the P proof as the rest are polished off. Hope to get to the range soon and see how she shoots.
          Working...
          X