Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TryItOnce
    replied
    The seller replied there is no documentation for this rifle. With the 63 barrel, unusual collection of parts, and no documentation, I do not think this is a genuine type 1, in fact probably not a national match rifle at all.

Thanks for the replies.

Leave a comment:

• Orlando
    replied
    Not a type I with that barrel.

Leave a comment:

• TryItOnce
    replied
    Thanks for the reply.

I asked the seller if it had CMP, DCM, etc, documentation, will see what the reply is.

Seems like an unlikely combination of parts.

I have a documented NM, and have researched them, but I am always finding out new details about Garands and the NM variants.

Leave a comment:

• CCyooper
    replied
    Could be a type II, but with those parts and dates it is not a type I. If it was, it has been upgraded from its original configuration and has lost its charm and value as a type 1. I believe the last year a true type 1 was built was 1958, 1959 is considered transitional, and 1960 is considered type 2, etc., I am sure there are some real NM guru's available that will provide more in depth information. Without some paperwork it is a crap shoot. I hope this helps getting you started.

Leave a comment:

• TryItOnce
    started a topic Type 1 NM?

Type 1 NM?

There is a NM type 1 for sale, but I am not sure if it is genuine.

The barrel is a SA 7791035 3 63, which seems too late of a barrel for a type 1. It has a NM op rod, no NM gas cylinder, a NM front sight and a regular rear sight. The listing does not show if the stock is bedded or not.

Appreciate any opinions.

Working...
X