Type I National Match Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type I National Match Rifle

I have been stewing over this rifle for several months and finally got the seller down to a price I could live with. I had to sell a couple other garands t pay for her but I think it was worth it. Shes a minty 1959 Type I NM garand with documentation. Will make a nice addition to the Type II I picked up not long ago

https://www.m1garandforum.com/forum/...national-match

Last edited by Orlando; 08-22-2020, 08:57 AM.

That is one heck of a nice NM M1 Garand. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

She's very beautiful! In great condition too.
      m14brian

Comment

Very nice rifle congratulations for the purchase, it sure is a great looker. The transitional NM rifles are an odd lot, to the purest they consider them a type 2 with the marked parts but without bedding they don’t fall into the normal typical type 2 Category. Thank you for posting.

Comment

The stock on this rife also has no glued wood wedges as other late type I's. I suppose the stock was a tight enough fit there was no reason to

Comment

My friend found a Type 1 NM M1 at an estate sale in 2001. It was purchased my a doctor in 1958 and never fired. The sling was still in the shipping box. The serial number is 6094444 and the barrel was dated SA 6-56. My friend sold it in 2014 for 6K but I understand it has been sold again !

Comment

Working...
            X