Type I National Match Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type I National Match Rifle

I have been stewing over this rifle for several months and finally got the seller down to a price I could live with. I had to sell a couple other garands to pay for her but I think it was worth it. Shes a minty 1959 intermediate Type I NM garand with documentation. Will make a nice addition to the Type II I picked up not long ago

https://www.m1garandforum.com/forum/...national-match

Last edited by Orlando; 10-24-2021, 07:05 PM.

That is one heck of a nice NM M1 Garand. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

She's very beautiful! In great condition too.
      m14brian

Comment

Very nice rifle congratulations for the purchase, it sure is a great looker. The transitional NM rifles are an odd lot, to the purest they consider them a type 2 with the marked parts but without bedding they donโ€™t fall into the normal typical type 2 Category. Thank you for posting.

Comment

The stock on this rife also has no glued wood wedges as other late type I's. I suppose the stock was a tight enough fit there was no reason to

Comment

My friend found a Type 1 NM M1 at an estate sale in 2001. It was purchased my a doctor in 1958 and never fired. The sling was still in the shipping box. The serial number is 6094444 and the barrel was dated SA 6-56. My friend sold it in 2014 for 6K but I understand it has been sold again !

Comment

What a wonderful example. I'm still looking.

Comment

Hard to come by. But the owners are getting older now. Those closet M1s are coming out! I know I bought a few.

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
                  My friend found a Type 1 NM M1 at an estate sale in 2001. It was purchased my a doctor in 1958 and never fired. The sling was still in the shipping box. The serial number is 6094444 and the barrel was dated SA 6-56. My friend sold it in 2014 for 6K but I understand it has been sold again !
                  ๐Ÿ˜ณ$6,000 wow

Comment

Originally posted by 1563621 View Post
                    Hard to come by. But the owners are getting older now. Those closet M1s are coming out! I know I bought a few.
                    Maybe I could get that lucky ๐Ÿ˜€

Comment

That is anouther beauty Orlando! Did you take it out of the stock, if you did or do snap some pics of the minimal bedding.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON WORKER View Post
                        That is anouther beauty Orlando! Did you take it out of the stock, if you did or do snap some pics of the minimal bedding.
                        There is no bedding or glued wedges. I guess the stock fit was tight enough that they didnt use wedges?

Comment

Really nice. I would love one of those someday.
                          Sorry Mr. President, the people we defeated in WW2 were not "fine people," and America's war dead are not "suckers" and "losers."

Comment

Working...
                          X