NM garand ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NM garand ID

I bought a service grade M1 from CMP on 4/19/19. I cleaned it,took it apart & made a parts ID sheet,then put it away.During the recent quarantine,I got some of my toys out to check some things I saw on a G.C.A. video. I was sitting there with this Garand in my lap when I noticed NM on the barrel.I looked the rifle over REAL good this time. Here's what I found: Receiver, ser. no. 1188307 {Feb.1943}, right leg, a large 7 S7B & a diamond,just a regular diamond. below that D28291 17. Right side rear barrel above op rod, NM upsidedown sherif P punched , T S-A-5-52, on top of the barrel under the rear hand guard, D6535448 45 A170B M underneath all this was an armory stamp. the rear sight windage knob was marked DRC. The trigger gr waroup was all ww11,housing=12 SA clover leaf,trigger guard,C-46025-1-SA,hammer,9-SA,guide,w/wings,safty,SA11,op rod,D35382 SA. All other parts were post war. The stock is walnut but has been heavely sanded & fits loose. only stamps are two proof P's, One sherif, the other plane. the only NM parts is the barrel & DRC windage knob. My question is, is this a type 1 or second version type 2 ? If type 2 , why only the barrel & windage knob instead of all the new goodies available at the time? I would like to keep it as close to original as possible and need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance.

Doesn't sound like a NM rifle
    Last edited by Orlando; 04-10-2020, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X