Reference materials on National Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference materials on National Matches

Hi there. I am interested in learning more about National Match Garands. I would appreciate any recommendations on books or articles. So far, I haven't found much on the internet besides a few posts on forums. I recently renewed my subscription to GCA. Your help is here would be appreciated by me and any others who happen on this post. Best! David

Heres a start
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...onal-match-m1/

Comment

They are a little hard to find, but each year from 1957 to I believe 1967 the Ordnance Command published a publication essentially called National Match Rifle that provides a little history and the specification for the year published. Of interest would be the year of your NM rifle. Just something else to consider.

Comment

I have many articles from the American Rifleman magazine on NM M1 Garands going back to the late 1940s. AR published many articles in the 1950s and 60s on MN M1 Garands as it was the predominate NM match rifle back then. The NM M1 Garand in 7.62 Nato held its own against the NM M14 back then. It was not till the NM "Mouse Guns" came along the NM M1 Garands lost there favor. In the mid and late 1980s I shot a NM conditioned M1Garand in DCM club matches. But could not keep up to the guys shooting the "mouse guns". The mouse guns had an advantage in rapid fire do a faster reload time and lack of recoil compared to a M1, If this this what is your looking for I will post a list of those articles.

Comment

here are some pamphlets that give you some good information as well as specifications..
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4829.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	25070Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4828.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	25069Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E4825.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	1.49 MB