Winchester National Match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchester National Match

I am new to the forum, and was looking for some help. I recently acquired a few rifles, among them a NM Winchester Garand and a 1903 Springfiled that looks like a possible NRA Sporter. I have some pictures on my computer, which I can e-mail, but I am not good at putting them onto the forum. I would appreciate any help, observations, or opinions that could be provided.

The Winchester: #1603694. It has the NM sights (front and rear), NM op rod (Remington--RA), glass-bedded stock, screws in handguard (visible when when barreled-action taken out of stock), and barrel marked SA 7789035, but without "NM" stamped near muzzle. The glass bed looks to be a yellowish color. I have read that most of these type 2 rifles were made from old receivers, but generally Springfields. I assume it is likely that someone could have built this rifle from the parts.

I know photos would help. You can send me a private message with your e-mail and I can send you pictures. If you can, I would have no problem with you posting the photos from my e-mail. I am sorry I am not too technologically inclined.

Thanks in advance for your consideration. Jack (Stuckus)

Hello Sir, welcome in from SoCal!
    Someone with better knowledge with the M1 Garand specifically will be by probably in the morning when they start getting on their computers and should post up some responses.
    I am basically the cops when someone needs to be told they're being a little rude or otherwise, and here to help the best I can with other things like instructions to post pictures, so try this and see if it works.
    In a new post you will see a bunce of rectangles with icons in them at the top above where you type, those let you do commands. The 4th one from the right on the top row is the one for pictures. In this block, the 2nd one from the right, it looks like an icon from a camera with mountains on it.
    Click that icon.
    A menu appears, click "upload".
    Click "choose file".
    It will open up what is in your computer, highlight what file you want to put in and click "open".
    Then click "ok".
    That should get a picture on the new post. Then type what you want then click "post reply" and your picture and message should be in the post.
    Hope that helps.

m14brian.

Comment

I am posting pictures for the OP

Last edited by Orlando; 06-28-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stuckus View Post
            I am new to the forum, and was looking for some help. I recently acquired a few rifles, among them a NM Winchester Garand and a 1903 Springfiled that looks like a possible NRA Sporter. I have some pictures on my computer, which I can e-mail, but I am not good at putting them onto the forum. I would appreciate any help, observations, or opinions that could be provided.

The Winchester: #1603694. It has the NM sights (front and rear), NM op rod (Remington--RA), glass-bedded stock, screws in handguard (visible when when barreled-action taken out of stock), and barrel marked SA 7789035, but without "NM" stamped near muzzle. The glass bed looks to be a yellowish color. I have read that most of these type 2 rifles were made from old receivers, but generally Springfields. I assume it is likely that someone could have built this rifle from the parts.

I know photos would help. You can send me a private message with your e-mail and I can send you pictures. If you can, I would have no problem with you posting the photos from my e-mail. I am sorry I am not too technologically inclined.

Thanks in advance for your consideration. Jack (Stuckus)
            Did you contact the CMP with the serial number. They may have a record on the weapon.

Comment

I posted a request on CMP for the search. I have not heard back on this Garand. One of the members there did check on the sporterized 1903 I asked about and it came back as a DCM-sold National Match 1903A1. Thanks again for all of your help.

Comment

check your PMs

Comment

Thank you all again. The CMP site checked my serial number, and did not come up. I appreciate the help provided here. I've received a lot of valuable information. There are some good and helpful people here.

Jack

Comment

You need to remember just because it didn't come up with anything at CMP through the serial search does not mean it wasn't sold by them at a earlier time.
                    Their records are very incomplete before 1995 with DCM . While I do not feel its a legit NM rifle it still may have been sold by DCM and then later someone did modifications to it
                    The RRAD Birch stock and the screws in handguard, gas cylinder were a red flag for me. Its still a nice rifle and should make a great shooter
                    Last edited by Orlando; 06-30-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks again, Orlando, for your help.

Comment

Working...
                      X