Trigger assembly group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger assembly group

Hello, I am new to this forum and just received my first ever two M1 Garands from the CMP, with the help of some YouTube videos I have taken them apart, I am curious about one of my trigger assemblies looking non parkerized it actually appears more like stainless steel can anyone tell me about this?, Thank you

Just worn finish, bare metal, its normal

Comment

Side-by-side comparison, it doesn’t look like normal wear, maybe someone sandblasted it?, Just very curious why, I know it’s not stainless steel because it’s magnetic, I’ve just never seen one like this on any M1 Garand

Comment

Some stainless steels are magnetic. It depends on the series number of the parent material. Just sayin'. NO, I'm NOT saying your TG is, or might be stainless.
        Jon

Comment

Are you sure it isnt zinc parkerizing which is very light? Doesnt look like bare metal from the picture. Years ago CMP sold Danish return rifles. You should have seen some of those ,wasnt a bit of finish left, just shiney metal

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post
            Some stainless steels are magnetic. It depends on the series number of the parent material. Just sayin'. NO, I'm NOT saying your TG is, or might be stainless.
            Jon
            Stainless? Garand trigger groups were never stainless to my knowledge.

Comment

Looks to me like a typical well worn trigger group. I've seen many without a lick of finish on any part within it. The finishes on most early groups sucked to begin with. Especially if it was a Winchester. I would consider any early Winchester group with much or any finish left suspect as having been refinished in it's life.

I've actually reparkerized about 4 or 5 that looked just about as worn as the pictured one for people. Reluctantly but that's what they wanted. Orlando, didn't I actually do a couple for you way back when, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lapriester View Post

Stainless? Garand trigger groups were never stainless to my knowledge.
                I didn't say the trigger housing was stainless. I was referring to the OP's statement about using a magnet to test the material.
                Jon

Comment

Looks like Zinc park.

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post

I didn't say the trigger housing was stainless. I was referring to the OP's statement about using a magnet to test the material.
                    Jon
                    Ah, sorry about that.

Comment

• TJT
                      TJT commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No problem Larry.
                      Jon

Originally posted by 1563621 View Post
                    Looks like Zinc park.
                    It's even too light for that IMHO.

Comment

• TJT
                      TJT commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Kinda' looks like that silvery finish from a LEAD rebuild.
                      Jon

I don't see all of it getting worn equally. If not a zinc park, all parts would have been disassembled and stripped. Then left in the white.

Comment

Working...
                    X