M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1

Pretty sure I have just acquired a Roland Beaver Rifle, NM on rear and front sights brown glass bedded stock, 7.62x51 on barrel, on top of barrel by front sight Old Corp Weaponary stamped in. Any help much appreciated

You will have to field strip the rifle and post pictures of all the parts, internal and external.
    Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Was told to not take it out of the glass bedding as it would hurt the fitting of stock

Comment

Would the serial number give any information

Comment

from the description you are correct

Comment

This debate has happened before. Parkerizing does not protect from corrosion without the application of grease or oil. Folks who got a match rifle and did finally disassemble (after the howls of outrage) did find corrosion on the "inside the stock" parts of their rifles. I'm an advocate of preserve and protect. The rifle should be disassembled at least once (carefully) to inspect it, coat all metal parts with preservative grease, and reassemble properly lubricated. This only needs to be done once, unless the rifle is caught in the rain or otherwise
            The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
            The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
              This debate has happened before. Parkerizing does not protect from corrosion without the application of grease or oil. Folks who got a match rifle and did finally disassemble (after the howls of outrage) did find corrosion on the "inside the stock" parts of their rifles. I'm an advocate of preserve and protect. The rifle should be disassembled at least once (carefully) to inspect it, coat all metal parts with preservative grease, and reassemble properly lubricated. This only needs to be done once, unless the rifle is caught in the rain or otherwise
              I regularly take mine apart for cleaning and lubrication and it shoots really well. RUST ruins a rifle.

Comment

Working...
              X