Elevation Knob Marking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elevation Knob Marking

One of my elevation knobs has an unusual marking.

It might be a miss applied "NHC".

Is there anything else this could be?

Its common for half the H to be missing. Manufactured by New Haven Clock Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
      Its common for half the H to be missing. Manufactured by New Haven Clock Co.
      I have a few other "NHC" knobs, but have not seen this variation before.

Thanks

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread. I bought a rear sight off the internet (private sale). It has a LUX (Lux Clock Works) elevation knob and a DRC (Drudge Brothers Manufacturing Co.) windage knob. The aperture has no stamps, but does have checkering (?) on the rear side of the peep. I can't make out any markings on the sight base (maybe something on the left side, "JJ ^"?). I can not see any markings on the Sight cover.

Is this a combination that would be found on a production rifle, or is this rear sight likely a Frankenstein?
        Last edited by Andronicus; 03-11-2022, 01:31 PM.

Comment

LUX weren't production pinion manufacturers, they made post-production replacement parts. DRC were used during production and after.

Comment

Originally posted by Andronicus View Post
            Sorry to hijack the thread. I bought a rear sight off the internet (private sale). It has a LUX (Lux Clock Works) elevation knob and a DRC (Drudge Brothers Manufacturing Co.) windage knob. The aperture has no stamps, but does have checkering (?) on the rear side of the peep. I can't make out any markings on the sight base (maybe something on the left side, "JJ ^"?). I can not see any markings on the Sight cover.

Is this a combination that would be found on a production rifle, or is this rear sight likely a Frankenstein?
            sight bases and apertures were not marked unless they were NM, sight covers were not marked except for a a short time in WWII had letter stamped at bottom

Comment

The checkering on the rear sight is there to reduce glare.
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X