Value of 1942 springfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value of 1942 springfield

Can anybody give me an idea of the value of a 1942 springfield garand in excellent condition? Thanks

There is no way to determine value without pictures of all parts, internal and external. Value will also depend if rifle is all original or not.
    Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

As stated it depends on over all condition and originality of all the parts.

Comment

Condition, condition, condition.
        Without pictures and/or detailed parts description, any where from $300 to a few $k.
        Jon

Comment

I will take that 300.00 42 M1!!! Need pics!! I just bought a 42, with load of early parts. 3 oprod, flush nut, sealed site, Wrong 43 barrel, A few parts Not correct. Sa5 TG . paying 2175 shipped.

Comment

Always difficult to find nice SA '42 dated barrels (even 20 years ago) have to be careful of restorations, often used fake short pinions & flush nuts. Early 1942 rifles up to around June, would have the late short channel GHS stock. I have one '42 rifle only and had it quite a long time, has original type 1 lock bar & short pinion and SA GHS stock (faint cartouche) but short channel. A really nice '42 could bring between 3K & 4K, maybe more if Lend Lease marked and original. Barrel on rifle photo is S-A 5-42 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010034_0018.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.9 KB ID:	34456
            Attached Files

Comment

I bought this 42 from a friend of mine. 2175 shipped. No pics. description should be good. Dave I picked up a six digit SA #403286 I think 12-‘41 at the show of shows last weekend. The G.I. stock is really nice but no cartouche. It has a grooved rear hand guard clip, a 3-S-A-oprod 10-43 barrel with 1+ and 2+ readings. 2 SA Bolt RE4D, Bright throat, complete 5 SA trigger group, forged trigger guard, SA Short Fork, SA Narrow Base Gas Cylinder, Front Sight w/ seal intact, 8 marked Follower Assembly & Flushnut rear sights w/ checkered elevation knob. The lack of correct stock, barrel, single slot cylinder screw, op rod (relieved 6 SA), are the only things stop it from being correct.

Comment

thanks for the help, from what I can tell, all of the numbers seem to match with a 1942 date. The barrel is 6-42. Value?
                Attached Files

Comment

3 more photos, thanks again!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Brit marked, Front site seal? No rear grooved clip, short fork? #3 or #6 oprod? modified?

Comment

Does anybody have an idea of value"

Comment

Need internal parts pics. My humble opinion is 1800-2800 need more pics.

Comment

No one can give you a estimate of value without complete info. Also need picture of rear sight taken close up on windage side

Comment

Working...
                          X