Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WRA Aperture?

Hello Gentlemen,

Could you please let me know if this aperture was produced by Winchester? It has that WRA profile, but I just want to be sure I'm not missing something.

Thanks!
    James

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aperatr 1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	34382 Click image for larger version

Name:	Aperatr 2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	270.1 KB
ID:	34383

That's a Winchester.

Comment

Thank you Sir! I picked up a Type 3 Lock Bar set and noticed the different aperture. I'll have to take a better look at the rest of the parts, but I don't think they are Winchester. The base has the milling marks that I've read are on Winchesters, but it doesn't have the curved cut out behind the hole.

Comment

Correct trackless. I bought a lot of apertures a few years ago. 2 were trackless.

Comment

In regard to the WRA bases, do they all have the characteristic rounded cut behind pinion hole? Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmd62 View Post
            In regard to the WRA bases, do they all have the characteristic rounded cut behind pinion hole? Thanks again.
            Yes, the ones I have seen

Comment

Perfect, thanks again!

Comment

Hey Guys,

To piggy back off my last response, I also noticed the windage knob on this set appears to also be WRA, based on the open arrows. Is that correct?

Thanks again,
                James
                Click image for larger version

Name:	8190F7BF-3CD9-4C17-9A3F-1EC443A51611.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	34436

Comment

Yes correct.

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Those arrowheads look like SA. Winchester is larger across the opening and the arcs are steeper. The "shaft" of the arrow isn't centered in the arrowhead of the Winchester as it is in the SA. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me.
                      Notice the difference? This is a Winchester (or VERY early SA) knob.
                      Jon
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by TJT; 03-07-2022, 03:29 AM.

Comment

You could be right , But I never saw an open SA arrow. WRA Machinery was not the best. Variations were often.

Comment

here are some early Winchester elevation knobs, as Brad Pedersen pointed out to me years ago, the Winchester numbers are different, larger in size, WRA on the right side Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2326.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	34490

Comment

early arrows on the elevation knobs, Winchester on the right side Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2327.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	34492

Comment

Great information! Definitely some variations on those WRA arrows.

Comment

Working...
                              X