Garand Wear and Tear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garand Wear and Tear

Which parts of the Garand goes out first (from wear and tear) and the number of spares to have just in case?

Originally posted by Rogue5 View Post
    Which parts of the Garand goes out first (from wear and tear) and the number of spares to have just in case?
    Get a spring kit and a firing pin.

Comment

It depends ,on your mixture of parts garand which parts have the most wear already? On a unissued NOS rifle you will never shoot enough to wear any out. I persoanly would not start stock piling a bunch of parts . When something breaks you will know what you need

Comment

Best to grease it thoroughly to prevent wear first.
        Greasing the M1 Garand - GarandGear
        The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
        The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

I have been shooting garands for years and never had a failure of any part yet.
          Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Its just that here in Commifornia they were trying to pass laws on regulating parts. I think it didnt get thru but Its only a matter of time.

Comment

In over 40 years of shooting the M1 rifle, the ONLY part I have ever changed is the op rod spring. I buy new Orion 7 op rod springs, grease and go. I've never had a part fail yet.
              Jon

Comment

I have early m1 fall of 1940 .my question is .are there any information on the rifle being rearsenald in early 1952 to a M1 D.?

Comment

Any help anyone can give hope I download pictures .

Comment

Op spring but, once you replace a possible weakened or flattened one never again. Unless you plan on shooting 5-10,000 rounds a year you won't wear out anything that isn't already worn out or damaged in your lifetime of typical recreational shooting. You might pick up an extractor and clip latch spring, maybe a firing pin.

Comment

There is always parts available, don't sweat the small things!

Comment

Depends on perspective. I have four to six or more spares of everything, but as I finish building up my last rifles the "spare parts" become fewer. I'll certainly end up with spare bolts, firing pins, extractors, all springs and a few other support goodies. Upon my departure, the kids will have what they need to keep the rifles going.

Comment

A barrel will eventually wear from shooting on a properly maintained rifle. Normally you might notice accuracy starting to deteriorate after 5-7 thousand rounds. Less if you regularly shoot the rifle enough to get the barrel fairly hot.
                          The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
                          The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Smokey has a good point there, f you're an avid and frequent M1 shooter who happens to enjoy top accuracy, spare barrels WILL be in your future.

Comment

For those of us who live in an oppressive state like CA. It would certainly be important to have some spare parts for any firearm not just the Garand. Because they (D-Law makers and RINOs) will make it harder to get as they just tried to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X