Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Garand Conversion Kit for .22LR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a Garand Conversion Kit for .22LR?

I'm sure this Question may have been asked here before.
    Given the shortage and VERY high cost of Ammunition these days.

Is there a .22LR Conversion Kit (or any other popular caliber for that matter) for the Garand?

Crickets? I guess not.

Comment

I've never heard of one. You could consider reloading. Components are becoming available again and you'll save a huge amount of money.
      The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
      The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

• Rogue5
        Rogue5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have never Reloaded before, but I do save my brass just in case one day I may get into that.

No, no .22 conversion unit for M1 Garand. H&R made the Model 58 .22 Cal. training rifle for USMC. They also marketed commercially a civilian version the Model 65. They mimic the M1 in weight and length. The front sight is similar to an M1 Carbine front sight. Rear sights are Redfield peep sights. The rifles are on the Reising design, and they do not look like and M1 Garand. Magazine holds 10 rounds but has holes on side to mark 8 rounds.

Comment

• Rogue5
        Rogue5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the History. Imagine if there was a .22LR conversion kit for the Garand I would ne shooting it more often.

I found a photo of the training rifle.

Comment

Good Day,
        I have no history other than a brief history and a few pictures on the subject, but the Dane's developed a conversion setup for their M1 Garand's. I've reached out to friends, and no one is a aware of an example of sale in Denmark.
        Regards,
        Michael

Click image for larger version

Name:	Danish 22 M1 bolt.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	262.7 KB
ID:	33410

Name:	Danish 22 M1 magazine.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	33411Click image for larger version

Name:	Danish 22 M1 op rod.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	33412

Name:	Danish 22 M1 kit internals.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	338.1 KB
ID:	33413

Name:	Danish 22 M1 Kit.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	33414

Comment

Where do you get these?

Comment

Thank you for posting. It is ingenious. The barrel liner appears to be retained by the modified gas cylinder lock in the front and rear slides into a chamber insert. I hope Iron Worker comments.
            Last edited by RDS; 01-28-2022, 03:53 AM.

Comment

I wonder what the history of this is? Does it actually work?

Comment

Closest thing I could find. If you don't mind rebarrel, dies, and spring tuning costs you could save in the long run if you hand load with 55gr FMJ/

Comment

There is a Garand style .22LR made by Kingston Armory. It loads from the bottom plate of where the trigger group, kind of operates or looks like a Ruger 10/22.
                  I sure wish they made the one mentioned above by Flightrn.

Comment

Kingston Armory is no longer in business. It was a very short-lived business. Went belly up in 2017.
                    Last edited by RDS; 02-05-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Its too bad. After researching further on another forum, the rifle had all kinds of issues. They had or planned to have an M14 too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue5 View Post
                        Its too bad. After researching further on another forum, the rifle had all kinds of issues. They had or planned to have an M14 too.
                        Dealer cost $600.00 and retail was around $800.00. Price and limited production lead to financial problems and demise of the company.

Comment

I bet they would sell like Hot cakes, if they had those ones mentioned above by Flightrn.

Comment

Working...
                          X