Schuster Adjustable Gas Plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schuster Adjustable Gas Plug

I was trying out the Schuster adjustable gas plug once again (having forgotten if I was set correctly from the last time).
    With an 8 Rnd Clip I began with the inner screw in its open most position then manually ejecting,
    then 2 turns of the inner screw clockwise at a time until the casing would eject and load a fresh Rnd in the chamber.
    I backed the inner (counter clockwise) one turn to be sure.
    Also I noticed when it got to the point it was cycling correctly, my spent casings were ejecting in the 1 to 2 O'Clock position. Is this correct? Should the casings land to the 3 or 5 O'clock position?
    Last Rnd then "Ping!" Bolt stayed open.

In addition how often should the Adjustable gas plug be cleaned out? that would mean one having to remember or marking the setting before removing the inner screw or if one forgets one would have go through the same scenario of re-adjusting once again.
    IF at all possible What do you guys use to clean the plug without removing the Inner Screw?

It might be a good idea to contact Schuster for answers to some of your questions. I have found them to be very helpful in the past.

Comment

A properly greased Garand with proper ammunition is supposed to toss empties to 1 or 2 oclock on the bore's axis. The last empty goes more behind the rifle since the op rod is locked open.
      The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
      The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

There's another Schuster that looks like a Single Slot have any of you used that one before?

Comment

I've never used/needed any type of gimmick plug. I roll my own and use M1-specific loading data.
          Jon

Comment

• Rogue5
            Rogue5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lucky you can do that. The Schuster works well so far. I just didn't want to risk damaging my Un-Modified OP Rod

all the out ring does is lock the inner ring in place

Comment

After the range I put droplets of Hoppes No.9 into the openings of the screw.
            But instead later took the inner screw out just to do a thorough cleaning messing up my setting.
            No big deal to re-aduust the screw next time I go again.

Comment

Garand Gear also has gas plug however it is not adjustable. I have never tried using it. Has anyone?

Comment

What are you using for ammunition?
                The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
                The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

• Rogue5
                  Rogue5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am currently using the Prvi Partizan PPU 30-06 SPRINGFIELD 150 GRAIN FMJ. I also swapped out my Modified OP Rod (PB) to a Un-Modified OP Rod (SA to match my Receiver)
                  Last edited by Rogue5; 01-23-2022, 09:02 PM.
              Working...
              X