Upward trend in Garand prices since CMP supply is down to a trickle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upward trend in Garand prices since CMP supply is down to a trickle

I have seen very big hikes of prices for Garand's. Hold on to your seats it will get worse and not better. Decent rifles will bring big prices!

I agree, been stocking up! LOL

Comment

Yes do not sell now. wait till next year to sell. When all you can buy is a shooter grade rifle reparkerized and a commercial new barrel with new wood for $1070 with tax. Good collector rifles are going auction. The well has dried up! CMP is doing a great job to promote the sport and marksmanship. lets face it there is nothing to bring back.
      Last edited by Mgv744; 01-10-2022, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Taken from the CMP catalog in 2006. The earliest I could find in my pile of junk.

Field Grade $425

Rack Grade $395
        Woodless Dane $295
        Service Grade $550-$750
        Correct Grade $900-$1100
        Collector Grade $1400-$1800

1903 $400-$600
        Kimber 82 $600

Lake City 30-06.....240 rounds $55
        " " 960 rounds $192
        HXP 192 rounds with enblocs and bandoleers $45
        " 768 rounds " " " " $168

HXP 240 rounds $55
        " 480 rounds $100

Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

The Land of plenty days for sure!!

Comment

M1 rifles are like real estate--neither is being made any more.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post
              M1 rifles are like real estate--neither is being made any more.
              Jon
              I'm not sure the Garand could be manufactured at competitive prices. The newly manufactured 30 Carbibes are $400 too high.

Comment

Originally posted by David Milisock View Post

I'm not sure the Garand could be manufactured at competitive prices. The newly manufactured 30 Carbibes are $400 too high.
                The new inland carbines are investment cast not hammer forged like the real Military carbines. A company like Bula Defence can make hammer forged Garands. But the cost would be upwards 2K. Bula makes the best M14 clone today just the the military milspec M-14.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgv744 View Post

The new inland carbines are investment cast not hammer forged like the real Military carbines. A company like Bula Defence can make hammer forged Garands. But the cost would be upwards 2K. Bula makes the best M14 clone today just the the military milspec M-14.
                  Is that how Fulton Armory is doing there carbines?

A new Garand is not worth 2 grand, the rifle was great in its time but that time has passed.

Comment

I've been watching the CMP for an M1. Prices were $750-$1000 but everything seemed to be out of stock. I recently purchased a Nov 1944 Springfield in very nice condition for $1300 from a good friend of mine. It would have been way too much a year ago, but in today's prices it seemed like a great deal.

No import marks, appears to have been re-armored at RIA in the 50s where it got a '53 LMR barrel.

Got a box of enblocs, reloading dies, and 500rd of brass. Good price? I dunno but I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by flgliderpilot View Post
                      I've been watching the CMP for an M1. Prices were $750-$1000 but everything seemed to be out of stock. I recently purchased a Nov 1944 Springfield in very nice condition for $1300 from a good friend of mine. It would have been way too much a year ago, but in today's prices it seemed like a great deal.

No import marks, appears to have been re-armored at RIA in the 50s where it got a '53 LMR barrel.

Got a box of enblocs, reloading dies, and 500rd of brass. Good price? I dunno but I think so.
                      I think you got a good deal especially since you also got the LMR barrel, the brass, and the reloading dies.
                      Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Originally posted by flgliderpilot View Post

You did good, the well is drying up! Grab em if you see them.

Comment

CMP has been through this before, I remember years ago all they had left were rack grades .Its not over until the fat lady sings

Comment

Working...
                          X