Replacement Stock Wood Type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Stock Wood Type

I have had this Rifle for over 20 Years. I bought it at the Armory of Orange in Tustin CA (The Store is long gone. I should've bought more)
    But Can anyone tell the type of Wood this is? The ONLY markings is at the butt stamped "6 K".

I use Boiled Linseed Oil
    Just a Few More pictures.

Comment

Walnut stock and hand guards.
      Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

As JAK said, walnut

Comment

I miss the Armory of Orange, and it's predecessor--World of Warriors.
          Jon

Comment

Why did the Armory of Orange disappear? Did they move out of state?

Comment

• TJT
              TJT commented
              Editing a comment
              The ownerships finally disolved. There was a lot of internal disagreement.
              Jon

I found a Post on another forum (http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=223523) that another person has a similar stock as mine posted Feb 13, 2018 inquiring the same thing with the same markings. The responses to it indicated that the stock was possibly made by Springfield. Is there any Validity to this? Does the marking below the stock indicate that mine was made by Springfield?

Comment

why do you think its replacement? Its probably a original USGI Springfield stock that went through a rebuild so all cartouches were sanded off. Its normal procedure

Comment

Thanks I didn't realize that. But so the markings at the Butt designates this as an SA then?

Comment

It has the shape/features of a SA stock.

Comment

I took a closer look all around the stock : Walnut

Flat profile at the Front of the grip to the base of the trigger group.

Short Channel = 1.625" (SA or WRA)

U shape or flat notch for the bottom of trigger guard (WRAs have V shape. Early WRAs had a flat shape).

Relief Cut for the clip latch is cut straight down and not tapered cut at an angle. (WRA never had tapered cuts)

Trap door Buttstock Hole Sizes =.81"/.81", "6 K " stamp marking by the small screws

However I cannot confirm if there is a number marking at the front of the stock (under the ferrule, which I didn't want to remove). (WRAs have a stamped barrel code number).

Comment

Its a SA stock

Comment

Working...
                      X