Clint Fowler Op Rod Guide Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clint Fowler Op Rod Guide Pics?

Does anyone happen to have any pictures of the mysterious Clint Fowler Op Rod Guide? It's part of what he used to do to accurize the M1 Garand. I have a written description ("The guide system had to be two pieces. The forward piece a circular track epoxyed in the upper hand guard and a lower track silver soldered in the stock ferrule. Both had to be fitted just right. They could not bind the op-rod, but they had to almost touch it, a light slide fit."), but pics would really help...

It's unclear how that could possibly increase the accuracy. As long as the proper accurizing clearances are created for the op rod, I'm of the belief you should just let it do it's thing flex wise. Considering where these "guides" are being placed it seems to me they have more potential to decrease accuracy than increase it and perhaps increase the risk of malfunction and op rod binding. Not all "accurizing experiments" by the experts over the years were remotely successful.

Considering the general accuracy of M1's to begin with it's probable this didn't make enough difference to even notice. They are not much capable of less than 2 MOA even fully NM modified. Less than that is an exceptional rifle. My 308 NM is a 1 MOA rifle but, it's a 308 and that makes a difference. Would this mod increase my accuracy, LOL, impossible.

Comment

Working...
    X